1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Going Clubbing First Time

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by quicksplash, Mar 8, 2013.

1. quicksplash

Out Status:
    Some people
    I've been going to a college LGBT group since the quarter began and I got to know some people there. At the previous meeting, I was invited to go clubbing at a gay club by two of the guys and I said okay.[[its tomorrow.]]
    [I mean, I'm not particularly inclined, but they're nice and nice-looking, and I haven't done that yet]
    I guess I'm feeling nervous,anxious, or tense?
    I've never been clubbing, much less at a gay club. What am I gonna do there? I can't drink and I'm not that extroverted. It's like I hope I'll have a good time although it feels like there are quite a few factors that might not let that happen.
    I'll try it but I can't guarantee that I'll like it. I sort of feel that I should like it but I'm not sure of that.
    Its' hard to sort of see myself as a clubbing/party person. I picture myself as more the quiet, controlled kind of guy.
    I mean I'll try dancing? but myself, I would expect me to be someone who stays on the sidelines, like a wallflower. I mean, I'll try to have fun. [...I don't often put myself out there; mostly in my own bubble; in past social events i've mostly just there and not really socialize]
    I'm not sure what I'm really getting at but I just need to unload this thoughts. :eusa_doh: (like) What were your first experiences and expectations going clubbing? How was it? Did you like it? I have this semi-frantic 'whats gonna happen' energy... waah

2. Clowstar

i'm also introverted and don't drink. however, i love dancing and being with friends. i liked it. i didn't even feel too claustrophobic. it did get really hot though. i don't really make it a regular thing. i like to go more for drag shows than anything else.

just talk to your new friends some more before you go in and can't hear anything. stick with them at first. don't be afraid to let loose. no one's going to judge you. who knows? maybe some boy will think you're cute and come dance with you. when in doubt: just do what everyone else is doing. if you feel uncomfortable, head towards the bar and cool off and just hang until your friends are done or if you drive separately, let them know that you're going to leave.