1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

goria gaynor i will survive

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by johnjorgell, Mar 9, 2013.

1. johnjorgell

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Why is Gloria gaynors I will survive such a famous gay anthem. If a guy happens to like it is it gay

2. BudderMC

Probably because the lyrics are motivational and could describe an oppressed person's struggles?

If a guy happens to like "I Will Survive", he could be gay.

Just like if a guy happens to like a really heavy metal song, he could be gay.

You can make a judgement on someone's sexuality based on their taste in music if you like, but it probably isn't an accurate descriptor.

3. Chloe

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Re: your first question - seems self-explanatory to me.

4. photoguy93

It's a powerful gay anthem because it is one. Haha. With older songs, it was almost difficult to be overt - nothing like "born this way."
    If a guy knows it, it doesn't mean crap. But, it does make a difference on how much and how passionate he is about it. That's kind of a sign. :wink:

5. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I Will Survive - Gloria Gaynor

I guess this could be viewed as the definitive gay anthem. Having said that a LOT of people of different orientations love this song. Here's some trivia on it:

It was initially a B-side. The A-side was called "Substitute".
    It won the grammy for "Best Disco Recording of the Year" in 1980. The only time the award has been presented!
    The video was filmed in a nightclub called "Xenon". The skater's name is Sheila Reid-Pender, from the skating group "The Village Wizards".
    It's been covered by lots of people including CXake, Dame Shirley Bassey, R.E.M., and Diana Ross; but not Aretha Franklin.

6. johnjorgell

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Wow it has so much meanings, thanks guys, I've never been passionate really but I've heard it in movies a lot so I had the song saved and the only words I pays attention to were I will survive and I read its a gay anthem and thought maybe im subconsiously gay