1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Happens When..?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Tatertot, Mar 9, 2013.

1. Tatertot

Florida. I wish. >< [Sadly, I live in Michigan]
    I have a girlfriend right now, whom I have known for almost a year, [Haven't been with her that long though], and we share everything with each other. I love her more than there are stars in the sky. But recently, she told me she is questioning her gender identity. She feels as though she is either just a butch/tomboy or as though she is a full out male. I don't care, to be honest. Either way, I love her. I fell in love with her for who she is, not what she has upstairs, or downstairs. But I have a question. What if, say, a straight male was in a relationship with a female and.. the female started to question her gender identity. She just so happens to be a male. But the straight male in the relationship fell in love with her. What happens, what does it mean now? Does the straight male break up with the now FTM? Does he change his orientation? Or does it not even matter, since he is still the person the straight male fell in love with?

Sorry, it's just a thought that occurred in my mind. o: I'm curious as to what the answer is.

Has this ever happen to one of you? Someone you were dating turned out to be a different gender than what you were attracted to?

2. Niko

I guess it'd depend on the person. Personally I think it'd be kind of cruel to break up with a person that they fell in love with over that. But then again I'm an FtM, so I sort of have a biased opinion on that.
    I mean if she really identifies as male, then well "she" is now a he. And well he, will be the same exact person as you fell in love with. Trans* people don't change, they only change the vessel that houses their soul. So if you love him, for who he is, then I think you should stay with him. After all sexual orientations are just labels. You don't have to be attached to one and never change.

Of course this has never happened to me, where a person I liked happened to be trans* though; but I told one of my straight guy friends who liked me that I was trans* and he told me that he didn't care. He told me that I could go through the change and he'd still like me for who I was.
    So again, I think it depends on the person.