1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The hurt just grows, how can I make it stop?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by J9ah, Mar 9, 2013.

1. J9ah

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi all, I'm sorry for harping about this but I just wanted to briefly run down on my best friend saga of who knows how long and the first man I actually am in love with. From previous threads I spoke about our very deep friendship which became quite co-dependent and I finally took the courage to let him know how I felt. I asked for time and for the past 2 weeks I had it, but we caught up over the weekend and I just wanted my friend on my b'day, instead I got a strange slightly unerved acquaintance and it was just heartbreaking all over again!!! It lasted 15 mins before he feigned tiredness and left. U know there's a lot going on and I think there are elements of denial within him that propells this but him aside, this meeting just emphasised the big black hole in my freakin heart just as was starting to feel better and now I'm back at square one!!!! Help???

2. PinkFluff

Well, I'm no professional, but if I was in your shoes, I would confront him over the internet and question him about why he is acting distant.

3. Cynder

I would agree. Or you can confront him in person if you happen to see him, so he has less chance to aviator the situation, and will give you a real answer.

4. 4AllEternity

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know that feel brah. I've gone in circles with my friend/crush (who knows I like him, but doesn't feel the same for me, still friends though). He's extremely confusing, one moment we seem to share a really special, close moment, the next, he's distant, or does something thoughtless like stand me up when we planned to hang out.

What I've learned with relationships like this, is that you must "burn your bridges" so to speak; you've got to accept that you're not going to be more than friends EVER (that may not necessarily be true, but considering he's showing no signs of changing, it's better to move on than to wait indefinitely). No matter what he does, do not change your stance (unless he literally says he has changed his mind). Basically, you've got to stop getting your hopes up. Start looking elsewhere for friendship (and possible romance).

5. J9ah

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I just want to get over him so much, undo or erase him from my mind. It's an excruciating thing to feel and it makes me so unhinged, so unlike myself, so stupid. The thing is I do love him, I have never felt this way before, not this level, not in any other relationship. Do you think my only option is to cut all contact, have none at all? It's a double whammy not only do I feel heartbroken, it means I also lose my best friend, my support system for so many years. That was the risk I took in telling him I know, but I felt I had no choice especially with the type of relationship we had, sometimes it feels like a mistake, sometimes liberating, but the heartbreak never really let's up! It's a sadness unlike any other, surreal, strange, dizzying almost:frowning2:

#5 J9ah, Mar 11, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2013