1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How I feel right now.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Wowguy, Mar 10, 2013.

1. Wowguy

My life is pretty much a mess right now...
    It's hard to find the balance when it comes to school, and social life. This is my last year as a highschool student, and I really want to make this year 'count'. I have some difficulties finding out what I want to do at college; I'm a very 'arty person', but I'm also interested in business & marketing and fashion. Right now, I have all these 3 classes. I always wanted to be either a photographer, or a real estate agent. My parents are worried about me being a photographer, because there is a high chance of being unemployed. I truly enjoy photography, but maybe a business career would be a better option? Should I just keep photography as a hobby? I'm pretty much clueless... I love travelling, and I wouldn't mind if I had to move overseas for my job, which would be very nice!
    But the thing is, the "not knowing what to do", isn't my only problem. I have recently come out to my mother and to my best friend... My dad? No way. He isn't homophobic, or anything, but I just feel like, he'd change his opinion about me.. I don't think he'd kick me out of the house or anything,but I'm very worried. I'm turning 18, early next year, and I'm starting college in March-April 2014. I don't know if I should even come out to him. Maybe one day, when people will be more accepting..
    Love life? Yes, I'm madly in love. I pretty much met the love of my life- people might say; "What? Youre 17! You can't be in love!" But, boy, I am!There is one problem; distance. I feel like it's killing me slowly, but I love him so much. It's a feeling that I've never had for anyone else in my whole life. And I always say, that if our love is strong enough, then we will be able to cope with distance. It's just very hard. I mean, it's excruciating. Do I trust him? Of course! I feel like he knows more about me already, then some of my friends at school. Is it problem? No-well, not for me. Have you ever looked at someone and said, "Yes. This is the person that I'd love to spend my whole life with"? This is how I fell right now. You may laugh at this, because I'm not "mature enough" to understand the meaning of love of any kind. I may not be a expert at this, but I do know, that if there is a special and perfect someone for everybody, then I found mine.
    Friends? No problem- I have a best friend, that I would kill for. I love her so much. Out of all my friends, only she knows about my sexual orientation. I've been thinking a lot lately, and I decided not to hide my attraction towards guys anymore. I've spent years of acting all straight, and I'm very sick of it. Yes, I started to be myself in school, and any other places. I mean, I'm not really a 'too girly' gay guy. I don't wear make up or anything. I just started to think about the values of life, and since it's short as hell, there's no time to regret anything.
    Sometimes I just cry myself to sleep, because I have no idea what to do... Is it just a typical gay teenagers life? I don't know. This might be all normal- or abnormal in some cases.
    To be honest, I'm not really waiting for answers, because I know that only I can solve my problems, it just feels good to share it with people.

#1 Wowguy, Mar 10, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2013
  2. Polaroid1996

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    do what you think is best, if you want to do photography then do it, the only thing is that if you do chose to peruse a life in the wonderful world of image making you should be ready to work hard. People that being a photographer is easy. maybe it used to be easy but thanks to an ever growing interest it has become harder then ever.

Stay strong and keep going forward.

3. Wowguy

Yes, I know it's not an easy job, as others might say. I truly love taking pictures, and telling stories with them!

4. worriedWardrobe

Sounds like you have a lot going on, but it doesn't seem like a bad thing. It's awesome that you told your mum and friend. Once you can be yourself, life is a lot better, and I totally understand the dad business. They tend to be more difficult. Also, it's amazing that you found that guy. I'm sure he's very lucky, and you can close the distance soon. And as far as the future, and jobs, go; just do what feels right, deep down.

Best of luck!

5. SomeNights

I think if this guy is so awesome, you should talk to him and see what he thinks about it all. I also think you shouldn't be so hard on yourself, your never going to make everyone happy and trying to will just tear yourself apart. You should try and do what makes you happy and keeps you going.

6. Wowguy

Thank you for your support, i knew i can count on you!
    Thank you, both of you!

7. Renge

Honestly, I'm jealous with your life haha well, you can take photography as your side-job along with real-estate agent? Do what you think is right.. :slight_smile:

8. leer

god I wish I had as meany options as you mate real estate. a fair bit of money to be made if you can get work. same with art and design but you might have to go to uni first I get the feeling that photography is your real passion. its not an easy choice as for your man how far away are we talking few hours drive maybe . your young good looking you should be enjoying life mate .:eusa_danc

9. Eurinthe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If you attend a liberal arts college, you'll definitely have the chance to explore all of your career options (e.g. take a class in photography and real estate), not to mention you'll have access to resources such as experienced professors and maybe even internships, so although the matter is pressing now, it may be best (though not easy) to put it aside for now and explore in the future when you're more able.

Your social life, from what I can tell by your description, sounds normal and healthy for the most part. Being in love can be a wonderfully cruel thing. However it may end, it'll be for the better: you can spend your life, or at least more time, with someone you love, and if you don't, it'll be excruciatingly heartbreaking (I don't know how to best articulate those emotions, but I think you can imagine) but will teach you a fundamental life experience for loving again in the future.

As for your father, as with any person, there really is no way to predict (or rather, it is best not to expect at all) a positive reaction or acceptance by coming out. From experience, if you go in with the expectation that they'll accept you, it'll make your life feel like an even bigger mess when it turns out you were wrong. Instead, coming out should be a way to not just seek support but also to assert your identity, confidence, and self-image.

I think I've been through most of what you've described, and it sounds like you have quite a few blessings in your life. Regardless, this "mess" you feel is a distressful but normal episode in your life. Being realistic and sincere, it sounds like there's a potential for things to get unimaginably worse very quickly (but that may be based on what I've seen, which might not even apply to you). But basically, always keep in mind the things that make you happy that nobody can ever take away; they'll keep you happy regardless of what happens next.