1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm cornered.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Colin S, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Colin S

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've told these forums before that my family are virulently antigay, and that my mother now knows about me.
    My life depends on her keeping her mouth shut, and now she's reaching breaking point.
    I fear my story may be about to end soon, unless I manage to convince my mother that I have somehow turned straight.
    So yeah, I need some advice and suggestions, before its too late.

2. Eleanor Rigby

The most important thing is too keep you safe. If you have to lie to protect yourself from your family, then do. I see on your profile that you're out except to your family. In this case, keep your friends in the loop. Tell them you may need some backup. Is there any place you can go if things are becoming difficult with your family ? Maybe one of your friend can offer you a place to crash ?
    The second thing you should think of is how to get the hell of here. You're 21. Are you going to university ? If this is the case, maybe you can reach out with your university social workers and find out if there is a way for you to live on campus.
    Last but not least, if you really feel endangered, go to the police. Nobody has a right to threatens you or hurts you because you're gay.
    Take care and keep us posted (*hug*), Cécile