1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice on approaching friend

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by LuckyScrubs, Mar 13, 2013.

1. LuckyScrubs

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So I have this friend who I've known since 4 years ago and we pretty much hang out occasionally when we were in the same class in college, but after a year we started to hang out less and I have not met him for the past 2 years.

The point is that I think he's 100% gay from the subtle hint he slipped up (won't go into details) and the fact that some posts/pic/page in his facebook are gay-related. But he never directly out himself or post any status which is gay-related, ok maybe one time I saw he argue subtly on the new possible law on LGBT community. The pics are mostly of him hanging out with mostly guys with somewhat flirty comments and one of the page he like is a gay bar.

So my question is how do I approach him after this long time? I know he don't know I'm gay yet and he sure have not outed himself publicly at least. I thought that asking him are you gay out of nowhere seems rather rude? I'm trying to approach him as I don't know any gay friend and he might help me with further coming out.

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Why not get into a conversation with him, and come out to him first? Just let him know you're starting to tell people, and you decided you know him well enough to tell him. That'll be his opening to come out o you, if he so desires. If he doesn't, I wouldn't push it.

Lex