1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No More Questioning! But…

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by LinaBean, Mar 13, 2013.

1. LinaBean

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    On Saturday, I had an epiphany. After questioning my orientation for a long time, I have come to realise that I'm definitely a lesbian. My certainty however was accompanied by a new problem. My epiphany was due to a combination of two incidents when I was out with my friends at a club in town; one of my friends asked to dance with me and someone I don't know (but he knows me - not as creepy as it sounds. People from school know me cause I've helped out with orientation and other school events but I can't remember everyone…) gave me his number and asked to "hang out" at his place later. I was uninterested in either prospect but the problem is that these both made me uncomfortable, not because I disliked them but because I didn't want things to get to the point that I had to explain I wasn't interested. My main problem solving skill amounts to ignoring the problem until it goes away so…

After some intimate dancing I didn't know how to get out of, my friend asked me over to another friends house to continue drinking to which I said I was just gonna walk home and go to bed instead. He was only in town for the weekend.
    So problem successfully ignored right?

And the other guy, I just never texted him
    Ignored!​

But I don't really like doing this to people. Especially with the one who's my friend, I wanted to tell the truth and give a real reason as to why I don't want to hang out. I wanted to get out of the dancing before it went to far, instead I lead him on. I could even feel a question being asked as he moved his hands down my back with a slight hesitation and I saw in the flicker of his gaze that he was looking for an answer. I knew this was the perfect moment to let him know of my discomfort by at the very least moving his hands back. Instead I didn't react at all - neither positive or negative. I'm also pretty sure he almost kissed me … twice. In this case I was able to nonchalantly pull him closer so that his head was beside mine instead of his face being right in front of mine but I think this just encouraged him instead…

:eek: I'm a very socially awkward kind of person if you can't tell. I'm not exactly sure what kind of advice I expect from EC but perhaps a better way to react in similar situations would be nice.

2. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's an awkard situation! Sounds like something I'd do... :lol:

I have no idea how to reject people LoL

3. Kgirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I personally think it's hard to reject people even if you're not interested, simply because for most people, people don't throw themselves at you on a daily basis. So the attention is kinda nice. It's nice to know that people find you attractive, ya know? Sorry the answer isn't helpful in the slightest!