1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Might be going to my first gay cafe/bar place soon... Kinda scared

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Gazza123, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

Hi

So I've been going to this LGBT support place for the past seven weeks and it has done wonders for my confidence. The sessions are just one on one and my support said we would go to this lgbt cafe for a chat so I would be in a more social environment.

Now don't get me wrong I want to, it's exciting and something new but at the same time nervous and scared.

Things are running through my mind

- what if I get really nervous and do something stupid
    - what I see a guy I like and get all nervous
    - what if I freak out
    - what if a guy likes me
    - what if it goes wrong and puts me off all together

Advice people?

2. Toneth

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    my advice, relax, you'll be fine, and no one is perfect, life happens, but the more you put yourself in these situations, the more you become accustomed to them.

3. Zaio

Zaio Guest

My advice - you're going to this place for a chat, not to meet other guys. So go there for the chat, and if anything happens then take it from there :slight_smile:

If you like a guy then so what? I'm sure you've seen guys you like before and thought nothing of it. If a guy likes you? Well then, if you think you like him too then take it from there, otherwise kindly reject him.

You're nervous because you're thinking of all the possibilities. Sometimes it's better to just live in the present instead of the future. So, go there for a chat like you're supposed to :slight_smile:

All the best.