1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Going through some pain

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by TheLovelyAudrey, Mar 15, 2013.

1. (If you're a really pessimistic or realist type of person you may not like this)
    I Consider myself a at heart optimist
    I do believe in compassion, Happiness, Joy,Emotions,Respect,curiosity, Kindness Imagination,Peace of mind, love,Forgiveness, gratitude and positivity.
    Some people really got at me for it claiming I'm "Blind" and "Unrealistic" ,"Naive"
    And other things that come across as boring adult crap
    But it hurt and causing me to feel so Doubtful over myself since most of those are from people who I thought where my friends.
    Just ugh
    It feels like the entire world is just Disagreeing to me heavily :icon_sad:
    I have been doing mediation and Gratitude journals but the Doubt just still feels strong.
    thank you for reading.
    I needed to let this out

2. AKTodd

There are some people who like to think that seeing only the worst of everything makes them seem wise.

There are some people who love to clip wings because they themselves cannot fly.

Don't let either of these sorts of people get you down.

Rather, be positive and happy and kind (and all the other good things you are and try to be) while acknowledging that these things are not always in play in all situations. Then, armed with a clear-eyed understanding of the realities of the situation and the positive attitude to see that better alternatives are possible, go out and do what you can to make those positive alternatives actually happen. Don't just hope that things will work out for the best in the end. Make them work out that way.

My 2c worth,

Todd

3. Thank you
    I do take responsibly for my own happiness already
    its just they have no Idea how much they hurt me
    and caused me to Ruin my peace of mind
    It'll take time but It should heal

4. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Pessimism is really a juvenile attitude. When somebody's able to see negative outcomes of otherwise benign situations, they think they have solved the universe, when really it's just Baby's First Critical Thinking.

Rather than just point out what's wrong with a situation, a wise person can either take steps to minimize the bad effects and have a great time, or ignore some trivial bad hiccup to see the grander reason in an event.

The steps I've seen are as follows: naive as a kid, confused as a tween, bitter as a teen, and finally hopeful and relaxed as an adult. Another way to say it would be "Don't bitch that it's raining on your boating trip; thank God that you are in an infinitesimal percentage of the world's population that gets to take recreational boat trips."

Things in life suck, but life is worth it, so deal. :slight_smile: