1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First date with a woman soon - nervous!!

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Purplefrog, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Purplefrog

Purplefrog Guest

Have been in/out of closet for over 10 years now, recently hit 30 and realised life is too short and to be more honest with self about various attractions/crushes towards women over the years. Have exclusively been in relationships with men (usually rather effeminate ones), but with limited experiences with women sexually (odd fumbling/kissing). Do enjoy sex with men, but find the female form, and feminity, far more attractive than alpha male types.

Now i would really like to explore my desire to be with a woman sexually/romantically and see where it goes, but it's just all a little scary as its new territory. There's a girl (lesbian) I've been chatting to online who comes across as very sweet and very pretty, with some compatible interests and on paper seems she might be on similar wavelength. Despite being new to it all, I plucked up the courage to ask her out for a coffee, as thought I'm not really going to get to know her that well unless I meet her in person, and seeing as we live so close to one another it made sense. She quickly accepted.

I'm looking forward to meeting her in a few days. Aside from normal predate nerves, also worried that if things go well, how the bedroom department will go - what if I don't get turned on enough, like being attracted to women has just all been in my head! I also don't want to muck her around and potentially hurt her if I have it all wrong, and when it comes to getting down to things it doesn't go well. I want to be open with her, but not so much that she gets scared away!

Thanks for reading!

2. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hope your Date goes well & that it's alright on the night, I guess you won't know how you feel until you are living the moment :slight_smile:

3. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just be yourself and I know it sounds like rubbish advice but it really is the best way to go. Try not to overthink or over analyse things just try and relax and see how you feel. I am assuming your not planning to rush into bed with her so just see how it goes. If the topic comes up just be honest, if she doesnt like it then shes not the right person.

4. Purplefrog

Purplefrog Guest

Thanks guys, I suppose everything is just so new and unchartered territory.

Like I said, I am attracted to guys, but with women there just seems to be a whole other sensual intoxicating level to them (well the ones I'm attracted to), and it's quite intimidating, as they are just so amazing!

And yes, I'm planning on taking things slowly physically when the time comes.

#4 Purplefrog, Mar 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2013