1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just know this

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by agonizingnose, Mar 18, 2013.

1. agonizingnose

If you are down, or lower, just remember... the person you will fall in love with is walking this planet, right now (or sleeping on this planet) and are waiting for YOU as you are waiting for THEM. remember that

2. Winfield

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    :eusa_pray:eusa_pray:eusa_pray

3. 4AllEternity

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would actually say there are multiple people, in fact, I'd say there could even be hundreds, or thousands of people who you could potentially fall in love with. It all depends on how many interests you have (more interests allows you to relate to more people), how open-minded you are in regards to what attracts you (i.e some people have trouble as they have this really specific image built up of what they find attractive/are trying to replace an old crush/lover), and how open you are when you meet people.

A key thing to maximize your chance of finding the right person is being open-minded. Be open to the possibility of having chemistry with someone who is not exactly like you. Sure, you want to share some interests so that you have things to do together, but don't expect to find someone who is literally exactly like you in every way. Also, try not to stereotype people, especially based upon looks. Don't assume that because someone goes for an emo look, they're whiny/angsty, or that someone who looks like a jock is exclusively obsessed with sports.

4. Stripe101

This made me feel "Fantastic!"

5. musikk021

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I sure hope so! This is something that I really want to believe, but it sometimes seems impossible to imagine that it could be true. Thanks for the reminder though! I'll just have to wait and see how it all turns out haha.

I agree with what you're saying, and you make a good point about being open-minded. However, something that I just wanted to comment on was the fact that even though we should be open to the many possibilities, the relationships that work best are the ones where the two parties have many similarities. I used to believe the "opposites attract" theory, as I have often been told this by media and such. It would seem to make sense that two people who are different could be attracted to each other because each has qualities that the other lacks. However, in my Sex & Relationships course this semester, my professor has clearly explained how it is not our differences but our similarities that bring us together. She said that romantic partners (the ones that last and are happiest) tend to be very similar in everything from age to height to level of attractiveness to interests and values. The more similar we are, the more in sync we are about everything, which could decrease conflict and disagreements.

Anyways, you're right though! We shouldn't have this built up image of an idealized person who we try to make people live up to.

6. Monocle

Out Status:
    Some people
    Ahhh, this is such a lovely thought! Whether you have one love, or a hundred possible loves, you have to look forward to meeting that person. In the meantime, be the best you you can be. After all, "being the right person is as important as finding the right person". :wink: