1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gaydar

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by nyc, Mar 20, 2013.

1. nyc

nyc

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i know i have a good "gaydar" i could tell about 5 people were gay before they came out. and theres this one girl who i swear is bisexual or somthing, and i have a bit of a crush on her but i got scared so i pushed her away. now i feel bad for taking the mess out of her and i need advice to get her to feel like she can trust me again. i want to be there for her if she is gay. but i dont know how to controll my feeling for her.

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Trust is a bit like playing with building blocks. Building up takes a lot of time and effort, but breaking it can be accomplished with just one quick move. If you want to start rebuilding, do so. But take your time. Don't push yourself on her. Just be friendly towards her. If she knows you're gay, she knows she can talk to you if she needs to.

Lex

3. nyc

nyc

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    thankyou, im trying but all she cares about is her college work at the minuite, im trying to build it up, i just really miss her as a friend, i ruined a really good friendship and its all cause im gay and couldnt control my feelings :/ thankyou for the advice, i guess ill just have to keep trying to build the friendship up from the start x

4. CountessAbby

Friendship is a wonderful building spot and a great place to start. It can grow in to something later on or nothing...but you may be friends for life. And sometimes being friends is just better....I would start there and see what happens. Dont be pushy about your sexuality...maybe she isnt ready to admit it yet, maybe she is hetersexual or maybe she just isnt ready to commit. Perhaps you need to just be there for her and try to be her friend. Hang out with her if you can....no strings. Just enjoy her company.

5. mariebmcd

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with the able advice. As someone who is bicurious I am coming into my own with my own feelings and thoughts around coming out and experimenting. Only with a trusted friend a confidant would I feel comfortable letting my gaurd down and show/act on my feelings. Establish a friendship but don't get caught up in the relationship part. If she is gay/bi or at all interested it'll come out eventually...

6. nyc

nyc

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    thankyou! its really helped me, im starting to build the friendship again, starting to talk to her, but i cant help but feel awkward now. like everyone in our class is devided into 2 groups my group dont like her and her group doesnt like us. so its becoming really hard to try build this friendship up especially when my friends are constantly bitching about her, im trying to stick up for her as well but im not the most confident person to stand for myself. im hoping i can build the friendship before we finish college in june, i would hate to loose contact once weve left college. whats the best way to "make friends?" x