1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dissing my own kind

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Iceman110295, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Iceman110295

Over the years I’m been talking a lot about gays in a negative way trying not to expose myself for being gay. I really been thinking lately about I’m really putting myself down is the process. When my friends asked me if I’m gay I just respond I’ll never be one of those gay loser and walk away but every single time. I do that I feel like I hate myself and if they found out I was gay they would disown me as there friend, then I’ll be alone.

What I was wondering do anyone have this problem. Were they talking down on gay so they won’t be exposing?
    And if you did how do you avoid those situations so you won’t be dissing gay people?

2. Monocle

Out Status:
    Some people
    Ultimately, the best solution to this kind of situation is to not lie about it at all. But if you're not ready to come out yet... I would do my best never to insult LGBT folks. Not just for your own sake (you should love and accept who you are), but because you never know who may be listening. If you're in the closet, it's likely that other people around you are too, and they might think you're the homophobic one.

The very defensive, "I'm definitely 100% not gay, I loooove women and gay people are ewww" attitude is characteristic of people who aren't comfortable with themselves or their sexuality. And to say that stuff is kind of like passive bullying... it fosters an anti-gay atmosphere.

Remember that the kind of people who won't be your friend just because you happen to like guys, aren't real friends at all. There are people out there who will love you unconditionally, it's just a matter of finding them... hopefully before they hear you say anything homophobic.

If you can learn to accept yourself, you'll no longer need to go on the defensive when someone asks if you're gay. It'll take time, but you can do it.

3. Winfield

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    usually when you talk down on a subject its usually coz your affiliated with it one way or another...

so the more you put down LGBT Peepz the more people will think you are...

and um yeah think you need to stop that too bro, that aint cool.. coz if you decide to come out its these people that will have your back the most...

Peace

4. Dakine

Out Status:
    A few people
    What Winfield said. There are studies out that point out that people who act the most homophobic are usually in someway themselves closeted. I think you don't want to go overboard with support cause that would give it away as well. Just deal with the subject quickly and comfortably and move on.

One of my good friends was extremely homophobic in the beginning to the point of overkill. That was a dead giveaway to me right away. He hasn't come out yet cause right now he is masking it with a gf, but I will guarantee he will come out someday cause his attitude and actions speak very loudly. My point is, don't overkill either side if u don't want to be given away.

5. Iceman110295

i'm not the guy will overkill it but my friend is and he gay. i told him to calm down with it because that's how you end up exposing you self. Lately me and him are going to LGBT group at my school but going as a straight person and hoping not to get expose.