1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bisexuality. is it real?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by johnny44, Mar 20, 2013.

1. johnny44

i get all tingly and begin to be "excited" when i hug some girls, i have crushes on some girls AND guys, is it not worth it to label myself? i am 24 y/o Male

2. damsel

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Whether you choose to label yourself or not is a matter of personal preference. Also, your thread title-I do hope it's a joke...

3. Niko

Label yourself bi if you want, if you feel like you're bi. But really it's just a label, you don't need to stick yourself to anything.

4. johnny44

its not a joke im confused about it

5. damsel

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Your title says "bisexuality. is it real?" which may rub some people on here the wrong way. I don't think you meant anything by it, but the way you worded the title suggests that bisexuality is not real (it most certainly is real, btw), a statement to which some (myself included) may take offense. Just thought I would point it out to you. :smilewave

#5 damsel, Mar 20, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
  6. Winfield

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    bisexual is real my friend ... im living proof :smilewave

i like women and men ... women a lil bit more then men but i still dig guys too...

nothing wrong being bi

7. johnny44

no offense meant, JW, cause im certain i have feelings for both, just wondering how it will play out

8. Monocle

Out Status:
    Some people
    First off, bisexuality is definitely real. :slight_smile:

Secondly, you say you get crushes on both sexes. That's a good indicator. And you said girls excite you... do you react to guys the same way? Not that it's a prerequisite (for instance, I'm sexually attracted to both men and women but only have romantic feelings for women).

As to whether it's "worth it" to label yourself bisexual... that's up to you. If you have feelings for women and men but are only turned on by women, there's nothing wrong with that. Sexuality is nuanced and there's not always a name for how we feel.

9. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, bisexuality exists.

10. Nemo39122

I love when I'm already having a horrible day and hating myself for who I am, and then I see thread titles like this. Makes everything just SO much better...

11. June Cleaver

My last BF is a true Bi-sexual. I have dated 2 Bi men over the years and both needed to have sex with both men and women quite regularly. So they are quite real and have specific needs. June

12. johnny44

dont stress over the title, it changes nothing and only represents my ignorance. just trying to understand my situation and how others relate

13. Monocle

Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't think OP meant anything bad with the thread title. I think he's asking if he's bisexual, more than anything. Plus, the best way to fight ignorance is to educate - that's what we're here for. :wink:

While I agree that many bisexuals are split 50/50, I wouldn't say that makes them "true" bisexuals. I don't think a person is less bisexual if they happen to favor one over the other as long as the attraction is there, and I really, really disagree with the notion that they have to regularly have sex with both men and women to be satisfied.

14. Juggalo

I'm bisexual but I label myself as gay simply because 99% of the time thats all I'm attracted to. Every once in a while, though, its like my brain hits a switch and I find women interesting again. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more into men though.

As for labeling yourself, do what you want.

15. Gen

Gen

I think plenty has been covered in this thread, but I would just like to remind people that everyone on this website has not had the luxury of being able to have access and be knowledgeable on LGBT topics, situations, orientations, ect.

What you may have learned when you are 10, others members might be oblivious to until they are 30, 40, 50, 60. Therefore questions like this should never be taken in offense. Imagine how much LGBT information and topics we would have learned if we didnt have the internet and had to make do with what we heard from the environments/neighborhoods/families we lived in.

So if someone has questions that seem ridiculously obvious, you dont have to comment on the validity of them, just kindly expain or answer the question.

16. June Cleaver

It is your right to disagree but, I have dated two who were truely bi and they both felt they needed sex with both males and females. The first guy I dated from 1986-1992 and the second 2007-2011. It was not all the time with the second, but they felt they had "needs" to be met and lets face it I don't have a VA-JJ so was I to say NO you don't need that? Or throw a good relationship away over something like that? If they are forced to choose one or the other, that is hard if they are 50/50 or something close. All or nothing does not work in a relationship, but sounds good in theory when you are inexperienced. I learned with the second guy to go with the "Don't ask don't tell rule" what I don't know does not hurt me, please don't tell me.

With my answer, I meant nothing bad. Just to say I have been with two, and Bisexual people do exist. I learned with the first, who was my first BF how to keep a relationship going which requires give and take. Infadelity happens in many relationships after many years of being a couple. Gay, or straight, just mostly it is not talked about. Either the couple works through it, or brakes up over it. I happen to be the type to work through problems that arise. I have had several relationships which lasted for years, and two being Bi so I am only speaking from my experence. June