1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm terrified of sex!

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by FeministFemme97, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Hi, I'm Isla. I'm 15 and have been thinking about being with a woman for about a year now. I fantasize about it sometimes, and I know I want to try it but I'm scared that I won't know what to do.advice?:help:

2. SpectreStatus

I've never been with a woman either, but I would love to.
    I've been with a guy (denial time)
    When it comes to situations like that it just comes natural.
    You need to know your body, find out what you like and it will make it a much better experience.
    Everyone has to start somewhere and has all been there. I'm not nervous I'm quite excited about my future prospects

3. Eleanor Rigby

Well, having sex is an overwhelming experience and it's normal that you're scared about it. You're only 15, that's still very young. I think the thing you should be thinking about, if you're considering having sex with anyone (man or woman) is to make it a safe and fulfilling experience for you.
    Many people who rush into having sex to "get over with it" end up disappointed and hurt. I think a first sexual experience shouldn't be something you should rush into.
    So, my first advise would be for you to find a partner you'll be really in love with and who'll be really in love with you. That is something that can take time to find someone who'll make your eyes sparkles, but that is definitely worth it. Then, take the time to explore the many things a relationship has to offer besides sex : flirting with each other, going out on a first date, sharing a first kiss, holding hand, discovering each other, cuddling... and then, when the time will be right, the two of you will have sex and you won't be scared anymore by the idea of it because you'll know your partner and you'll know you will be taken care off.
    I hope it helps a little.
    Take care, cécile

4. WhiteRaven

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I was 15 I didn't even THINK of sex. It scared the living shit out of me, lol! XD
    Kissing/cuddling/etc. was fine, but sex... it just gave me the creeps all over.
    I think if it would 'come at my path' now, I would embrace it (if it feels right and comfortable, that is), but I'm not going to rush things. Everything happens at it's own pace, and especially something like sex is not something to jump in like a crazy kid on steroids (don't ask me why I wrote that. It just brain farted out), if you're scared, you're not yet ready. Give it some time, relax, and do it when your body tells you so.
    When I kissed for the first time (those kind of smoochy kisses, y'know what I mean) I didn't 'plan' that either. It just sorta happened, almost as in an accident. I'd figure it'd be about the same with sex.

5. LionsAndShadows

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My advice is simply to take time. Never feel or accept pressure to have sex. Eleanor's advice is spot on.

6. mwaffles

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Everyone is afraid to be bad the first time. But hey, no one was born knowing all this shit. I mean, it helps if you know you body (as said above), and if you are having sex for the first time and are afraid, I really advise you to have sex your first time with someone you can talk to like "this is my first time, give me some tips". I mean, when you are older, you'll know what to do with other girls, because you know what's good for you (not that what's good for you is what's good for other girls, but it's a start!). I mean, I have never had sex, not the whole thing and yada yada. But I'm not afraid either, it didn't come the time that there was a girl and I was able to have sex with her. But it'll come and it'll be kind of new and exciting and terrifying for some reason, but you just have to forget about this is your first time and don't focus if you are gonna do something wrong, just ask the person, anyways, the person will give you the hints if she isn't liking or something like that.
    You are too young! Don't have sex if you are terrified, most likely you'll hate it. Wait until you are ready and it won't be scary.

7. birdy

I feel the same way. I've never even kissed anyone of either gender. I've been dating another girl for 2 weeks now and we haven't even kissed yet. Just holding her hand makes me nervous. It's nice because we can laugh at our own awkwardness as we attempt to do silly things like intertwine our fingers, fumbling at first. We even talk about how we make one another nervous. I would imagine having sex for the first time with someone that you love would be similar. Even though neither one of you would really know what you were supposed to be doing and there would be plenty of awkwardness, you'd help each other through it. I would just make sure that you feel comfortable communicating with anyone that you're going to have sex with. If you don't trust them and feel like you can communicate with them, then sex probably isn't a good idea.

8. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

I'm 18 and I'm still not ready for sex! It kinda scares me too. But I look forward to the day when I am ready for it :slight_smile:

9. This is why I love this site, not matter what the issue people will give advice and actually seem to give a damn. You're all wonderful people, thank you.

10. WhiteRaven

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^
    This.
    It's exactly why I love this place as well! :slight_smile: