1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I just saw my Matrices test grade

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by lazyfire, Mar 24, 2013.

1. lazyfire

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I feel so pitiful. I've been so caught up in other things lately; I guess my math grade just had to suffer this whole year. Stupid Geometry. I don't understand you ;^;. I don't know what I'm good at anymore.
    I've tried to write and draw. And, I still am writing and drawing. There is always someone that makes me realize how horrible I am! It's the same with music! I can't ever seem to reach the top at ANYTHING.

The only thing I've ever accomplished is being involved in club events and being committed. First and foremost, it's because I like what we do in clubs. I like the purpose and I like working with my friends to be someone helpful. But, is that really enough for the outside world? I can't be someone 'successful' if all I'm good at is helping the community! My parents will just worry! Second, my writing skills can't get me anywhere. My drawing techniques aren't appealing enough and there's just so much to learn. GPA is suffering :frowning2:. I don't know what to do!

Why is that I'm only good at stuff that doesn't get me anywhere?! How can being a part of club government be any benefit if my GPA/ other extracurricular are worse?

I feel that the more I do, the more I fail. It is the same with my sexuality. The more I think about my parents and how much pain they will go through knowing that I'm gay, the more of a failure I become.

They told me they wanted me to take care of them. How can I take care of them if my 'job' is going to be just helping the community? :frowning2: I'm so confused. I don't know what I want to be or what I'm good at.

HELP?!

2. asmith6543

Geometry sucks. I'm a mechanical engineering and I love math but I hated geometry, and I used to go get help. That's the only thing I can suggest. You have to work at it. Are you a sophomore in high school?

3. lazyfire

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yes. I have a 78 in Geometry Honors right now. :frowning2:

4. aneurysm

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    A job you might like
    This is an Australian website, but I'm sure this job is relevant in most countries.

5. Mysz

I hated Geometry and matrices. I always forget how to multiply two matrices T_T I understand your position, but you do sound committed to these club events. Dedication is very useful in school and an occupation, and is rewarded. If you're still a sophomore don't worry so much about jobs, and set goals for yourself gradewise! Make a deal with your parents to take you to do something fun if you reach a grade. Geometry might give you headaches now, but don't worry- by alg.+trig next year you'll find the going gets easier. It'll feel great :grin:

6. LD579

There's a couple of things I want to point out here. First of all, school marks aren't everything. Working with others in school and in clubs is, in the long run, earning you valuable experience in interacting with others. This can be put to use in most lines of work (besides an office job where you just sit and file stuff everyday, I guess), like in the service industry (waiters and clerks and such), or with relationships and friendships (interpersonal experiences help a lot with these).

Secondly, you're only, like... 14-16, I guess? You have a lot of time before you have to worry about jobs and such. I assume you'll also have a lot of time before you have to take care of your parents. I must point out that it's sweet of you to be thinking of them =)

As for your parents and your sexuality... I don't know enough about your situation, but I think you might want to just focus on your school life right now. If you want to get your GPA up, you could devote maybe 30 minutes before and after school to doing some reviewing and studying. It doesn't sound like you want to be out to your parents just yet, and that's totally fine. In that case, I recommend just enjoying your days in high school for now, and trying to reach any goals you may have at the moment, like raising your GPA, for example.

First of all, it's an advanced class. Secondly, a 78 is a mid-B. That's not bad at all. Geometry, as I understand, gets wonky when you start dealing with the more complex stuff besides 'oh, is this a kite or a rhombus?' The fact that you're in the class in the first place is a testament to your ambition, I'd think, and that's to be respected.

Asking for help may be something you might want to consider. Hopefully things work out for you! =)

7. Ticklish Fish

if it makes you feel better, i got a 59 on my biochem exam just now :/
    debating if i should drop :/

8. asmith6543

i took honors geometry as well. got a C in it. somehow I went on to Precalculus BC and did just fine.

9. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If I'd gotten a 78 in a math class, I'd be celebrating, not getting down on myself.

Seriously, that is not a poor mark. Not at all.

10. BornInTexas

I HATED geometry. Algebra was fairly easy. Geometry is really dumb. I got a 76, which was .5 points from a D, but I made a C.

Get tutoring help.