1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ARM(pit)/Leg hair?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by agonizingnose, Mar 25, 2013.

1. agonizingnose

Okay this i know is not the best place to ask but i just had to. I REALLY hate my leg/arm hair. so uhhh... do I shave it or wax or what. I'm gobsmacked on this, no experiance at all.:eusa_eh:

2. Winfield

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    use nads hair cream removal for men... you just put it on the targeted area and wait for 5-6mins then wipe it off with a wet cloth... i play sport and surf so i use it on my legs... good thing is you dont have to do it for another 4 weeks...

hope that helps ya mate

3. agonizingnose

thankyou ^^

4. LD579

Using hair removal products can irritate your skin. I'd test it on a small patch of skin on your arm or the back of your hand, to see if your skin's averse to the product. Otherwise, though, things should be okay, I suppose.

Note that the arm pit is more sensitive, so you might want to just test that area a bit, as well.

If worse comes to worst, you could use an electric or manual shaver, but the results last for like maybe 2 weeks, max. It depends on how fast your hair grows in those places.

In all cases, though, be careful, and don't use it on places you shouldn't! For example, if it says it shouldn't be used 'down there' or things like that, you'd do well to follow the prompt.

5. Chloe

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Shaving in the direction the hair grows (generally downward on the legs) is less likely to be irritating, but you'll remove a little less hair that way (which shouldn't matter unless you're trying to have smooth skin). The chemical products work - I never had irritation on my legs that way.

My hair is thick and coarse, probably more like what men have, and not easy to remove. I'm glad my partner doesn't mind me in my naturally hairy state. It saddens me to see so many people disliking body hair these days.

6. WhiteRaven

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I shave the hair in my armpit it gets all pricky, lol, so I actually never do it. Or shave anywhere, actually... (okay, some women might think this is gross, but what is gross about it? It's just hair, and I figure evolution hasn't given it to us without a reason or just 'to be gross/shaven off' I like my hair, though I wouldn't openly tell that to anyone IRL)

7. Niko

I usually juts shave it off, then wait a few weeks before doing it again. The more often you shave, the faster it grows in...at least that's what happens for me.

8. WhiteRaven

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hate the phase when it grows out. Prick! Prick! Prick!
    So eventually I just gave up battling it. It doesn't grow meters long anyway (that would just be... SCARY!)

9. Mrcake

I have tried using Nair hair removal for men...However, this product is chemically harsh because it contains urea (an ingredient in pee). The urea removes the hair and the product works but it doesn't always remove hair entirely. I have found that shaving with a shaver works for some areas but can be a pain down there and on the balls. I use the nair and often get burned from the product from scrubbing but it works..I'll live. I'm sure Amazon has some better products than Wal-mart.

10. Winfield

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Nair is krap no offense... ive been using these products for years and here in australia nair is bloody cheap coz no one buys it... it doesnt work and if it does it doesnt get rid of all the hair...

also, a few of my girls shave using hair conditioner...apparently it soften the skin or some shizz along those lines... but yeah Nads is good in my book and veet is also good too...

just make sure you test it first incase your skin has an alergic reaction