1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help. I bade a breakdown

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by CharlesFP, Mar 25, 2013.

1. CharlesFP

limerick PA About 1 hour from Philadelphia
    So after three months of working for a ski mountain, the snow melted and I was let go. I'm not a social person and I put myself down to work everyday so I could make some friends and get out of my house. Its not that I don't love my parents or they don't love me, I just finally made some friends and got to see them every day. I live in the middle of nowhere and need to drive at least 15 minutes to get anywhere, I don't have my licence, and my mom wont drive me for anything but work. At school I don't talk to many people except people who are perma-high. I started doing drugs because I cant live with my situation. My parents left each other when I was three, and since my job ended I started slipping. I cant even talk to my school shrink because she has to tell my mom about anything that can harm me. I went to her crying in the middle of the school day and she told me from the beginning if I don't want my family knowing about what I'm going through I cant tell her. If my mom knew about what I've been feeling she would just become more smothering and I don't think I could take that. As I'm typing this my mom is screaming at me..... Great.

2. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It sounds like your mom loves you, maybe you should tell her? You're only 16, I may only be 3 years older than you but I've still made dumb decisions that I've regretted for years that could have been fixed by talking to family and friends.

I won't pretend to know much about drugs because I've never tried any. Depending on what it is you're using it could get really complicated in a couple years. When it gets to that point you may wish that you had told someone before it got out of hand.

If I were you, I'd ask your mom to come into therapy with you and explain everything there in a safe environment. Say why you were reluctant to tell people, and everything that's troubling you.

You're still at that age where you can depend on your parent to get you out of tough situations. Try to trust her okay?