1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's the point in life?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Formality, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Formality

What's the point in life? I can't find a meaning in life. I have felt so shitty lately and I can't stop thinking about it. I haven't been to school more than twice these 3 latest weeks. I no longer see the point in even going there. I go to school and suffer through the day and feel shitty and like I'm just in the way of everyone else. Then I come home and do nothing, and just repeat and repeat and repeat. Nothing is fun anymore. Why do I even go to school? I go there to end up at a shitty job where I will work and feel miserable for the rest of my life. And for what? To live in a world of prejudice. I can't find a meaning in life anymore. The only reason I can go on living is because I am too afraid of doing anything at all. The only thing I seem to be capable of is failing my parents.

2. Mahleresk

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Is this a result of feeling alone? Do you have a group of friends or a significant other to spend time with?

3. Formality

It could be. I don't have any really close friends. And I do spend most of my time alone.

4. Mahleresk

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Our minds tend to be very murky when we don't have lights in our lives.

So, I believe that you finding some people to fall back on would benefit you greatly.

Is there a reason why you don't have any really close friends? What do you consider close?

5. Kay

Kay Guest

I am sorry you feel so lost and overwhelmed by it all love. At times life can seem as nothing. Sure if you want to spin it that way there can be little meaning. But maybe if we turn it upside down and shake the globe a bit we can make sense of it. You are here because the love of your parents. Their great love created life. How powerful is that? Any sort of love creates life. You never know why you are here or what you are doing overall but you sure will find out when something you do or say makes a difference To the sphere of your world. It can go way beyond that if when you have completed school you may touch millions upon millions of people with your life.
    It sounds to me like you don't have a lot of friends or close friends. It sounds to me like maybe you have suffered some bullying or verbal attacks. Your last statement coaxes a question. How have you failed your parents? Do you think somehow being gay makes you a failure in your parents eyes? Have you come out to them?
    But to answer your question Love is the answer. The problem is the first person you need to love is you. It seems to me that you have hit a tiny bump in the read when it comes to this. I don't think there is any on this site who has not struggled with the same question.
    I think once you decide you are worth loving and caring about you will hit bumps in the road. Find the joy within yourself and be who you are and be proud of that and then you will see what the meaning of life is. Hugs and love guy and keep the chin up. Love Kay

6. Formality

I guess I just never found people I enjoy spending time with that I can relate to. Close friends are people I can be myself around. I never really had that, I guess I have been too afraid of being myself around other people.

7. Kay

Kay Guest

You are a wonderful person and the more you trust and become you the better life becomes. Fully accept yourself and you are on the road and trust that there are people who will care and like you back no matter what and who you are. HUgs

8. Formality

Thanks for the answer Kay.

I haven't really been bullied except for this rejection kind of bullying. As in, when your best friends just start ignoring you and end up not being your friends. I haven't had that at this school though. I just constantly feel out of place here, I feel like no one really wants me here. I think the reason I never really made any good friends is because people try to talk to me and be friendly but I am too afraid to open up. I don't know how to be myself around other people. I always feel so uncomfortable.

My parents expect things from me. My father is a doctor and he is on me about my grades, and he wants me to succeed in what I do. But I fail. And when I fail I feel like shit, and I lie instead. And every time I lie I feel so bad. I don't want to lie, I just do it. All these lies end up weighing me down and making me feel even worse.

I just wish I could find someone to love, I can't take being the lonely guy any more. There is a problem though being I know of no one my age that is gay except like one or two people and they aren't anywhere close to where I am. So finding a partner would literally be impossible once I do come out, unless someone at my school would turn out to be gay.

#8 Formality, Mar 27, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
  9. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Love can just happen.
    I am a small town gay boy, there are no single gays around my age in my town and everybody is in the closet anyway.
    Then I was on holiday and in the hotel I met a wonderful boy. We kissed and it was heaven. I was a virgin and he handled it very nicely. I didn't want to go home and back to work, but had to. He came over for Christmas and just stayed...
    Sadly he was beaten up severly in februari and in coma since. But I am still hopeful. I know he is a fighter. I will take care of him.

As for feeling like everything is shitty... do something to change it. Challenge yourself. Take on a course, learn something new. Something out of your leage. You can't fail if you don't give up.You'll meet new people and feel better.
    If you don't want to mix with people, running is a great way to get rid of nasty feelings.

And don't lie. Be honest, especially avout feelings, so your parents know what is going on in you, even if it is not what they would like or expect.
    My parents are a physiotherapist and a lawyer. I was a straight A student, but left school early and became a "simple" mechanic, because that was my passion. And they knew that.
    They support me 100%.
    I still live at home, my boyfriend was living in and it was all good. Being grateful for what you have is also a secret for happiness.
    Follow your dreams, your passion. The more you have to fight for it, the better you'll feel about it.

Just tell your parents that you can't and won't live their dream. That you know they mean well and want you to succeed, but you need to do it in your own way.

(On the orher hand, be grateful that you have parents that care about you.)