1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do i pull myself up to finish homework?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by thebrightficus, Mar 27, 2013.

1. alright long story short:

i really give up on putting in the effort to just do any work. i'm so tired of it. doing work, thinking about doing work, anticipating it: i feel so absolutely drained. i just want play time, and i want a genuine break for once. i am so tired of finding myself having to always think about how i need to plan out when i'm going to do my homework.

i literally lack the energy to do it. it's like i writhe inside the second i'm about to start it and then i give up. all of our lives we have always done work, so how is it that you all managed to get through it? i'm so lost here

anyone know what to do?

2. WhiteRaven

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't know how to solve this, but I have this as well, exactly what you said :S
    I just cannot get myself to do it anymore, even though I know I SHOULD. There are so many more important things... *sigh* but I don't want to fail my exams either.
    So you're not alone bro. Sorry I couldn't be of any help :frowning2:

3. LD579

Maybe you might want to consider taking a year off (if you're in grade 12 and going into university next year, or if you're currently in university), or only attending part time. The other time you have could be spent on a part time job, or volunteering.

If you're in grade 11 or lower, though, things may be more difficult. I'd advise most people to just finish high school off before taking any breaks. Is there a clinical reason you're not having much motivation? If there is, you may want to talk to a school counsellor, who might be able to help you lower how many courses you're taking. I'm assuming, of course, that some of your courses aren't strictly necessary for your education later on.

If not, they may also be able to help you in some other way. I suggest, either way, finding out where the root of the problem lies. Is it tied to your sexuality, and the issues that arose when you came, or started coming, to terms with it? Is it tied to depression, or some other, similar thing?

Once you have an idea about where the trouble lies, it'll help you in vocalizing your situation to school counsellors. I hope this helped you, and I advise you to think about confiding in a school counsellor for some more hands-on help compared to what I, and others, can give here.

#3 LD579, Mar 28, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2013