1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you find that perfect medium?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by estrella, Mar 28, 2013.

1. estrella

When it comes to emotions, how do you find that perfect medium?

I know you're supposed to make yourself happy and forget what others say. But I've got a mood disorder and am coming off my medication for depression. I really do not want to be back on meds, so getting used to being without is a must.

Sometimes, people tell me to be open about how I feel; but how do I do that? If I don't want to talk about it, I shut down and block out my feelings. People want me to be more open, but I know what happens when I open up and I know what happens when I shut down. Both things that others will see and others will hate.

I know we're not doctors here, but I'm just wondering how anyone else can find their happy medium? I want to make myself happy, and not give a fuck what others think. But I am still in the black.

2. Rae

Rae

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Are we talking about hobbies or art ? I am going to assume that. I think you kinda have to experiment...

I like to sing and play music as an outlet. I know that some people exercise. I know some people draw, but drawing, even though I am kinda okay at doesn't connect to my emotions at all. I just want to draw something cool. There is also painting, cooking, solving puzzles and many others ...

3. Wolfie Charm

Maybe keep a journal and start out with revealing your feelings to it? From their you can possibly try to put them into audible words.