1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay but don't want to be

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Californiakid, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Californiakid

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't know if anyone else has felt like this, as a child I can remember liking women but not the in lust kind though. I've had girlfriends and thought I was normal for a while but was not. Every girl I was with it didnt last cause i wasn't really attracted to them I just was with them cause they liked me and to boost my "ego" and confidence. Don't get me wrong sometimes I am still attracted to "some" females but it always seemed I liked males more. I was in so much deep denial so long I don't know what to do now. I wish I had normal feelings about women I don't like being gay because of the adversity, discrimination, and feminization that people will place on me. I'm a normal male except for this I've never had any sexual activity with anyone girlfriends would offer but it seemed like the more they did the less I would be with them. Any advice on how to cope with these feelings thank you.:bang:

2. LD579

Many people have 'liked' girls, myself included, even though we later realize we're gay.

It'd help to know that being gay is just another part of you. People can perceive you any way they like, but what truly matters is how you perceive yourself.

As for coping with these feelings, I suggest using these forums as a way to find clarity in your thoughts and emotions. It's a process that can take a bit of time with yourself (as all introspection does), but it's worth it for the subsequent peace of mind and peace of self that it offers.

I'm not entirely sure where Long Beach is, but... California's kinda liberal, isn't it? If so, I wouldn't be worried too much about being gay, if I were you. Of course, maybe I'm just thinking about L.A. and Hollywood...