1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

procrastination habit?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by thebrightficus, Mar 28, 2013.

1. i guess this really ties onto my last thread but is a bit of a completely different topic as well.

am i the only one who actually starts doing his work/whatever needs to get done after they've despaired hard and long enough to where you don't really feel sad anymore?? am i going insane? because this is literally the fourth time it's happened this year where it was pretty bad.

am i the only one who does this?

2. LD579

If it makes you feel better, three years ago, I started a 2,000 word essay the day before it was due. What was worse was that it was due at midnight, so I didn't get the benefit of those extra 7 hours before school started. I actually handed it in a few minutes after midnight, but my teacher didn't seem to care / notice.

I had some research done already, in my defense, so I hadn't completely procrastinated.

These days, I'd be more likely to just get the projects over with as soon as I get them.

3. SpitfireXSoarin

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Speaking of, it's now 5:00am and I spent most of the night up finishing two essays and about five other papers (last day to turn them in without getting a "0"). Procrastinating is something I really want to get over, but I don't seem to have the effort or intrinsic motivation needed to do so. You're not alone.

4. saggitarius91

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're not alone, I almost always do my work at the very last minute. One time I pulled a complete design project outta my ass, lost many hours of sleep. I've been trying really hard to stop this annoying habit and hopefully one day soon.

5. ameliawesome

i procrastinate everything all the time constantly :/ i do work pretty well under pressure though, so it doesn't bother me too much.

6. The username

I am a PROcrastinator. I woke up at 5am nope, ignored the alarm so 7am in order to get my problem set done before it was due at 10:30. Thursday/Fridays are killer for me, since everything is due then. I have pulled several all nighters this semester (which I really hate doing).

I also turned in a 15 page paper two days late for 10% off. It was better than rushing and giving shoddy quality. Plus it was 10% off 50%, so it's not that bad. I didn't see that one coming (thought it was due two weeks later), so while there was some procrastination, I didn't mean to.

It sucks, though. I always start the semester out ahead and around this time it all falls apart. Spring break screws me over so hard. I blame the internets... any my roommate (he is blamed for everything wrong in the world =P)

7. FruitFly

I'm a terrible procrastinator; it gets worse if I have no interest in doing the work. Most of my work has been finished 2 hours before the deadline, and that 2 hour finish is only because I have to commute to campus to hand in the darn things. If I could do electronic hand in only, gosh, I'd be terrible.

As with the above poster, I start out well. Everything in on time, everything done beautifully, excellent comments on my work... then the deadlines pile up and I adopt the "head in sand" view. I really shouldn't do this right now, as I have 3 papers in for the same day, but ... I will :/.

Just to make myself feel a little better, I always make sure the work is done for the due date. I never hand anything in late, I hate to think that I've cheated myself out of marks for anything other than the quality of my work :/.