1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Binding help?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Ruby, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Ruby

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So I'm feeling pretty male today so much so that I really don't like breasts very much today....anyone have any binding tips or knowledge to share?

2. nikom87

Whatever you do don't use an ace bandage. Its not safe in the long-term and it feels bad in the short-term. My recommendation if you don't have a binder is to wear one or two sports bras (depending on how much compression you need) and then wear layers, like a couple tshirts or a sweatshirt/jacket if necessary. :slight_smile:

3. Ruby

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah when I first started wanting to bind I did a little research about ace bandages because a friend said she used them and duct tape neither sounded overly safe so I'm glad I didn't use them. This is just really hard because I don't have a binder, I'm a 40 D and it's too warm for too many layers. :bang:

4. StormySea

Do you have any sports bras? Sometimes what I do double up on them, and that is usually a pretty safe and efficient way to bind, although it works far better with smaller breasts. Some people use ace-bandages as well, but that's definitely not something I would recommend. The bandage tightens throughout the day and it's really uncomfortable. Same goes with using tape. (because, well, it's tape xD It doesn't expand when you breathe in, so you end up not really breathing. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

Remember: whenever it starts to get too tight or painful to breathe, take the binder off. It's not really not worth crushing your ribs for life or collapsing because you can't get enough O2 to your head ;P

I'm going to a friends house and feel more male today as well. I'm trying to go though old garments and elastic-y things that might also work for binding because I can't find my sports bras. XD
    So you'll be the first to know if I discover any new binding mechanisms that work! xD

5. StormySea

Alrighty, quick update: I just found two 1 piece bathing suits and they work surprisingly well together. (With a sports bra underneath it may look better, although I'm worried then it might be a bit too compressed.) Unfortunately because they are women's bathing suits, they do bring out curves and are a bit high on the chest, but combined with the right shirt and jacket, it should work. ;D
    Anyway, just my own little suggestion there- it may end up not even working well and end in disparaging failure, but I guess I'll find out! xD

6. Ruby

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks for the update and for the bathing suit idea...I ended up going with a regular bra, sports bra and a tight tank top...not the best but since I'm visiting family today it's the best I could manage.

7. StormySea

No problem! Have fun with the family! ;D

((For future reference, regular bras aren't always the best for binding because they're meant to enhance the bust shape and bring out more figure, but 'ey- if it manages to work for you then awesome! Go for it! ;D))

8. Ruby

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks I'll try :slight_smile:

((I've found if I pair my normal one with a sports bra it help more then just the sports bra alone oddly enough. That could be because mine don't have any kind of padding it just holds up the girls ya'know?))

9. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

Umm when I feel more masculine I just wear two sports bras and a tshirt over. I'm a 38C, but B size sports bras work better for me, personally. Hope I helped.

---------- Post added 30th Mar 2013 at 09:06 PM ----------

Also, tight tank tops.

10. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wearing 2 sports bras (One on the right way and the other one on backwards) works pretty well.