1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mad at myself

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by BornInTexas, Mar 29, 2013.

1. BornInTexas

I'm just so damn frustrated! I cannot stand it. I'm mad at myself because I get snappy, question everything, make rash judgments, decide that I am right all the time, make myself feel bad. It's really biting at me.

It doesn't help that my grades are probably falling. I haven't been able to concentrate on schoolwork because I am frustrated with dealing with family, school, myself, and just everything in life. Can anyone help me?

2. nikom87

I think that it sounds like you are dealing with anxiety. When I am depressed and anxious I get really irritable, I have trouble concentrating, and am super hard on myself. You are probably your own worst enemy.

Have you tried finding things that relax and distract you so that you aren't just sitting and thinking about the things that are upsetting you?

Would you be able to go speak to a therapist at all? They can sometimes help with strategies for dealing with stressors.

3. Ruby

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Oh dearie, I'm sorry you feel so frustrated. Maybe take a step back and try and get your head together? When it comes to family/friends/what not vs. school work sometimes all you can do it grit your teeth and work through it. Sorry I can't be more help.

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How long has this been going on, and what else is happening in your life right now? Your status says "gay but there's something else", so is the "something else" possibly creating anxiety or concern for you? I think those issues are likely getting in the way, and causing you to project whatever the underlying stuff is onto your current situation.

If that's the case... then talking about whatever else is going on should help you get the cranky moods under control.