1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Don't Want My Voice To Go Away...

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by PurpleRain, Apr 1, 2013.

1. PurpleRain

Skyrim... I have no life, and enjoy it. :D
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm back on the fence about starting transition again because of one little thing that probably seems like it shouldn't be as big of a deal as it is: my voice. The one thing that I actually really like about being a guy is my voice because I sound like my favorite singer (don't get me wrong I don't want to be exactly like him) and I'm just really afraid of not being able to sing in the new register. It's not so much that I can't hit the pitches because I have a huge range already so I'm sure with some work I can do it really well, but I have a really deep speaking voice and it makes my singing voice noticeably male... I've tried to raise my pitch while singing but I strain too much and I'm afraid it's going to hurt my voice so I stop. I'm mostly afraid that I won't be able to get past this and I'll be stuck singing like a guy forever or not sing at all, and also that I won't have a powerful voice anymore... I know it sounds silly but my voice is one of the few things about myself that I actually like... :icon_sad:

2. DoriaN

Try to make the sound come from where the base of your tongue seems to be. Vocalize from your head instead of the diaphram.

I'm practicing as I type; practice for 10-20 minutes a day. Drink milk if your throat is dry.

Usually takes most about 6 months.

EDIT: You always keep your male voice, just pretend you 'leveled up' your voice and range to be able to manipulate it for whatever desire you have!

#2 DoriaN, Apr 1, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
  3. Matt1

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    well i have been taking voice lessons for 2 years.So hopefully i can help a little.
    First thing to do is work on your range and breathing. by doing simple vocal exercises.Also remember to use your falsetto voice.Another tip is when practice singing high is that. you should not try to force notes out. you have to relax other wise it will be pitchy and put a lot of strain on your voice. So its good to practice singing higher notes quieter at first so you can strengthen your lungs and your voice and will not be singing nasally.

Hopefully i helped a little. :slight_smile:

#3 Matt1, Apr 1, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2013