1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wanting a relationship is funny business... Isn't it?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Gazza123, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

So. I should probably start off with a little background information first before I get down to the nitty gritty of why I'm writing this post.

For the past six to seven weeks I have been going to a local support place for LGBT people. It has group sessions, one on one support and all the other general stuff that you would expect. Personally I needed help with my confidence, making friends and just in general getting out there instead of being stuck in the house.

It's working. Although in that confident place that I want to be, at the same time, I am a very different person to who I was six to seven weeks ago. In fact I went to a work night out on Saturday and got drunk ME DRUNK!!!. Something I never thought I would do and a bloody enjoyed the night. The hangover was another thing but I digress and it was small price to pay.

Anyways... I have be going to this place for one on one support which has obviously helped me but I have longed for my first relationship. Well maybe longed is the wrong word, lets just say I feel as though I'm ready to have that experience but when I think about it I keep thinking "Do I sound desperate or something?"

I've spoke to my support person and he said is natural and that as people we hope to find companionship or something along those lines. So it's perfectly normal to want to find a partner/boyfriend.

I just wanna make sure I wanting a relationship for the right reasons. I dunno...

I don't want a relationship just so I can have sex for the first time because it wouldn't be a relationship and that's not what I want. I want a friend, someone to share stuff with, someone who loves me and I can love them. Of course sex is part of the whole relationship package but its not my main goal or intention. I also keep feeling guilty when I do think about the sex stuff.... Like I shouldn't be or something.

Of course this is all just me assuming things as I have never been to gay bar so have no chance of meeting anyone as of yet.

What do you guys think? I actually don't know what I'm asking about or why I posted this.

Guess I just wanted some thoughts and that.

2. Average Joe

Wow, I could really use that kind of an LGBT support place. It's got everything one needs, and from what you've written it really did help you.

I think this ^^ is a perfectly right reason to have a relationship. So, don't worry too much and start looking for it. Sounds like you're in the right place for one.

3. PeteNJ

Everything you're feeling in your head and heart are great! What wonderful happy, normal emotions and feelings.

My experience in LGBT groups over the past months is so similar to yours. Made friends, guys to socialize with, drink with, and I'm happy to say, guys to be close with AND have sex with.

Have fun, really. Enjoy going out with your friends. Spend time talking about things that matter to you (not just the weather). You are being open, vulnerable, honest, authentic. You may meet someone at the center, at a place you guys go out together, or my favorite - someone who has a friend they want you to meet.

You should be SO PROUD and happy with yourself for stepping out of your comfort zone, for making and creating a damn good life for yourself!!

And keep posting on EC, we've got your back!!

4. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

Oooo that would be exciting if that ended up happening.... Eventually anyway