1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Going down the wrong path ...

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by imdatguy, Apr 3, 2013.

1. imdatguy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Lately i haven't been feeling like going to class so I've been skipping excessively. My religion teacher gave me a conduct report yesterday and is calling my house to inform my parents, today i went to half of my english went to lunch and didn't go back for the rest because i wanted to see my crush <3. My english teacher saw me after school and told me she wanted to talk to me tomorrow, What do i tell her ?

2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I guess the question would be why you feel like you don't want to go to class. If it's just to see your crush, then from the sound of it you may have to get over that in the short term. Or is something else going on?

3. Wolfie Charm

Are you skipping one particular class or many of them? I know you posted this yesterday, but telling her the truth is the way to go, especially if you don’t actually know why you have been cutting class. I went through a similar scenario and got a suspension, but I also lied because I panicked at the idea of punishment and said I skipped to study.

How did your talk with her go today?

#3 Wolfie Charm, Apr 4, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2013
  4. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

Skipping classes may seem fun and harmless, but it will catch up with you.

5. imdatguy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I couldn't face her and i ended up skipping again :frowning2: Ill try and go on monday though :/

6. Wolfie Charm

You should try really,really hard to break the habit. As a former skipper, skipping may seem the easy way out but it just makes the problem bigger. Careful.

7. imdatguy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I cut down from before by only skipping about twice a week instead of my usual seven a week but i just have no motivation, class is like a nightmare

8. Wolfie Charm

Why exactly, if you don’t mind, is class a nightmare?

9. imdatguy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I dont really know anyone and I'm really shy so its kinda hard to talk to new people :'(

10. Wolfie Charm

Yeah, that can suck. When I was in high school I only had friends in two classes. A girl in my math class and two girls in my Latin class. And this was just freshman year. Nobody sophomore year.

11. Asari

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I skipped class a lot this semester because I have problems with social anxiety and depression. I am now doing a medical withdraw from all my classes because my depression got in the way. Not being able to show up to class is a big problem. If you struggle with social anxiety I would recommend seeing a school councilor or something. I see a therapist and I am on medication now and I now have the ability to leave my apartment and socialize. I still am not sure why you are skipping. I think you should be honest with your teacher and ask him/her for help. If you show that you really want to improve your teacher might understand if they truly care. Are you skipping because you hate what you are studying?

If I was the teacher I wouldn't pass you if you never showed up to class it makes it sound like you don't care. If something else is going on like social anxiety then you should confide in your teacher. If you are just being lazy you will have to suffer the consequences as sucky as that is.

12. imdatguy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It docent really matter what we are doing in class its just that i can't focus. I have social anxiety but not severely, lately I've been dealing with that by smoking which probably isn't a great idea ...

13. Wolfie Charm

Is the work too easy so you don’t bother trying to focus or that’s unrelated?

14. imdatguy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The work isn't easy but I just don't bother to focus