1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to deal with my constant mood swings?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Inkeh, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Inkeh

Inkeh Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I easily get moody over everything and I'm sure how to cope with it. I basically just get easily discouraged about my life in general... like how I feel like I cant make any friends at my college or anywhere in general, how Im lazy with my grades when I know I could be a lot better with them, how I cant find a part timr job at all, cant speak for myself or just talk in general when Im around groups of people, how much of a pushoverI can be, how one little thing can easily make me moody and depressed, how Im going to graduate and probably never find a job with my major, how I have to deal with coming out to my family and deal with their irrational expectations for me, etc.

I know these are stupid things to complain about but I get so depressed sometimes just reevaluating my life. Im just wondering whenever I get in my moods, how can I deal with and pick myself back up?

2. Winfield

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    not sure if im helping here...

but when i get moody... i always feel like punching something... so ive got this punching bag at home when ever im angry or depressed bout something... i go hard out on the puncing bag.. or i take it out at the gym...

(its a good work out too)

it helps me.. i know its not for everyone but thought id let ya know what i do ...

3. TraceElement

I suggest that you go see a counselor or a therapist. The college should have a counseling service for low or no cost. They can work with you on coping stratagies and intrapersonal relationships. I saw a therapist for a year or so, and she helped alot.

4. photoguy93

Are you a moody person, or do you have a disorder, such as bipolar? If you are bipolar or think you might be, you need to get help and get meds. I am not a pill pusher for a lot of things, but I am for mood disorders. You can't control it!