1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staying up late

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Mysz, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Mysz

Hullo!
    So, I've fallen victim to an absolutely horrible case of procrastination and now I have tons of work to do- and it's getting late here in NY. :sleep:
    I'm sure many of you have experienced this before. How do you keep yourself awake and alert enough to focus? I'm currently drinking coffee, but if it's not strong enough it makes me sleepy. Do you have any good staying-awake tactics?

2. Phoenix

Phoenix Guest

5 hour energy is actually really good. it gives you a boost without the ADD and bouncing off the walls effect that too much caffeine can have so you can focus on what you need to do

3. Wolfie Charm

Caffeine does nothing for me, so I get up and move around. Even better if it can be done outside on a cool night. :slight_smile: Music is always good, too. Hum or sing along if you can work at the same time.

4. JPC

JPC Guest

Take a power nap for no more than 15-20 mins (set a really loud and annoying alarm so you definitely wake up). Coffee does nothing for me either, but a really short sleep nearly always completely gets rid of the tiredness and should get you through a few more hours.

5. Mysz

I tried the music idea and it's working really well so far- a cheery picker-upper sort of music. I think I'll take a power nap after this assignment, and see if I can get that 5 hour stuff for future late nights- I see it all the time at the Home Depot, in the place where gum and candy would be in a grocery store.

6. SleeplessS

Well..I'm sleepless. Literally so..chronic insomnia. Staying awake isn't a problem it's going to sleep that is. I'd recommend loads of coffee, sometimes when you feel you're really bushed - splash some cold water on your face, try moving around when things get stale and if you can try doing the job standing (I used to do drafts like that late at night/early morning when I had a project to finish). Also, music, try having some nice energetic music play in the background if it doesn't interrupt your work.