1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hideously Disgusting Problem

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Jameson, Apr 7, 2013.

1. Jameson

Hi guys. I have a serious problem. :frowning2:

It's like eating me out and making it hard to sleep. I don't know what to do...

My problem is: I am a 16 year old guy and I have the sudden urge to play Roblox.

I mean, I've been three years sober from it, but now I just can't shake off the feeling of downloading the game and playing again!

Is this natural, to be a 10th grader and still want to play???? Dear god....

2. JPC

JPC Guest

:roflmao: I'm pretty sure that's o.k.

I'm 20 and still steal my little brothers DS to play Mario Kart pretty much all the time.

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you are describing yourself as 3 years 'sober' from it, it sounds like you had an issue controlling the amount of time you spent playing it. In that case, it's probably wise to not start playing it again.

Is something going on in your life that's difficult/uncomfortable recently, coincident with your desire to start playing the game again? Excessive video game play is a numbing activity that takes us away from day-to-day life and can be a very effective way of numbing feelings.

BTW, what you're describing I'd hardly categorize as "hideously disgusting"... just fwiw :wink:

4. BudderMC

My friend got me to start playing Neopets again a month or so ago, and I'm 21. It didn't last very long, but it was fun for nostalgia's sake.

5. Absol

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I had to google to see what Roblox was and the wikipedia page said it was targeted to children and teenagers aged 8-16, so you technically fit in the age range.

Like what Chip said, as long as it wasn't ruling your life, there's nothing wrong with playing it. I'm 24 years old and I'm a huge Pokemon fan and I know people that's older than me that likes to watch My Little Pony, so our problem is more disgusting than yours.:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: As long as it's makes you happy, doesn't control your life, and it's not illegal, then there's nothing wrong with liking something that's targeted towards kids.

6. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

As long as it doesn't control your life, everything in moderation is good