1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Uneasy feelings during tension?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by thebrightficus, Apr 8, 2013.

1. hi! ever since lately i've been having a bit of a change (aka i'm respecting people more and holding life more tenderly in my heart by a significant amount as compared to last time), there's this one VERY peculiar part of me that i was a bit surprised had changed:

i feel such a slight uneasiness in me whenever there is tension between people. like, when people are nasty to each other. or when people are condescending to each other. anything along those lines and so forth. or when people are just angry at each other or myself.

look, i'm not particularly scared of people. i still am not scared of people. but when their "bad" (for lack of an appropriate words) feelings are being translated very harshly and loudly, it makes me feel uneasy. it's not like i'm personally intimidated by them, hell i'd still bite back harder than they could probably fire at me to begin with. but it just makes me feel bad to begin with. i usually just try to shut down these situations immediately because i know it won't get anywhere productive and people are just going to be mean to each other. typically, i ignore it completely and walk away.

am i the only one who does/feels this?

2. ilayis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    i totally understand.You just chilln,trying to enjoy life and then u have all these people just tossing around all this negativity at you or just anything in general as if its going to accomplish something other than ruin ur good vibes which seems they could care less about...Just wish people would just take a chill pill.

3. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can definitely relate. From what I understand, this sort of thing is pretty normal.

4. mpac21

I definitely know how that is...I get described as a "hippie" of some sorts. I just want everyone to get along, especially my friends. I know when/how to defend myself but Id always rather it never come to that. Some people just seem to get off on arguing/making a stink over the most ridiculous things sometimes. Like I know we as humans are all not always gonna get along, but the petty disputes/nastiness are really irritating sometimes. I just take a deep breath and think "Such is life" and ignore as best I can..