1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Goodbye and Thank You.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Crystine, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Crystine

Crystine Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    note: This is a letter I wrote for you in German so I had to translate it into English before posting it here. I know that some phrases sound weird but I liked the German version so much I didn’t want to completely change it. I hope you understand anyway.

Dear EC-Community,

Thank you so much for having been there for me these past years.
    You’ve been there for me when nobody else has; you’ve accepted me when I couldn’t even look at myself in the mirror.

When I signed up, I went through a lot of sh*t in real life, believing that I was to blame for everything that went wrong back then.
    But you gave me a sense of family when my parents nearly got divorced and you answered my questions when no-one else was there for me.
    You gave me security when my life seemed to fall apart while I couldn’t do anything but watch.
    You gave me hope.

Somewhere along the way, however, I lost myself, or so it seems. I loved you so much; I wanted to be part of this community SO MUCH that I didn’t realize that my feelings had changed.
    Somewhere along the way, I had become straight without realizing it.

I had become one of those people who I thought of as ignorant and blind.
    Maybe that’s why I didn’t realize it earlier. I hated my own kind. But now I don’t hate it anymore. I know now that being straight is nothing bad, nothing to be ashamed of.

But still, or BECAUSE of that, I will log out of this forum. I want to be able to accept myself as a straight woman but I still don’t want to change the "About Me"-sexual-orientation-thing from “Lesbian” to “Straight”. I don’t want to and I can’t (yet). I can’t be part of this community anymore; I simply can’t, not even as a straight supporter.

These past 4 years of my life I have come out to people, I've fought for this community, I’ve been part of this community.
    I wanted to be like you so much, but I’m not.

Thank you so much for everything and I’m sorry. I hope you understand. We will meet again.
    I love you.

Yours,
    Sarah M.P.

2. BudderMC

I won't lie; I'm a little perplexed as to why you feel you need to leave if you're (planning on) identifying as straight. EC welcomes people of all walks.

Regardless, I'm sorry that you've experienced so much confusion, I'm happy that you feel like you've come to some conclusions, I hope you realize that there's no need to apologize, and I hope you know that you're always welcome back, no questions asked.

Take care. (*hug*)