1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coach saw SH scars?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by cemma, Apr 10, 2013.

1. cemma

ok guys I could really go for some advice if anyone has a free moment..

Today I went for a run but I completely forgot that I didn’t have strapping tape over my scars (all are 6months+ old) to hide them and as I was coming out of the change rooms I ran into my coach who quite blatantly noticed, when I realised Id forgotten to cover them I put my hand over them but then he told me to move my hand because he wanted to see my tan lines (all season hes been asking me to take the tape off because Id have mean tan lines and he wanted to see)..

I was just like nah, see you and started to walk away but then he called me back and asked about my date on friday and I was just like yup, it was good and walked away..

Apart from being just fucked off at myself for being stupid and having it all out in the open I feel like I need to say something to him? Im so paranoid he will tell someone or talk to someone about it, he knows my boyfriend quite well and Im scared hes gonna ask him about it (my bf doesnt know yet)..

Do I facebook him or wait till I see him in person again? What do I say? Do I say nothing?

2. LD579

If you're that worried, you should talk to him. You can either facebook message him, or you can talk to him in person. There's no guarantee things won't be awkward, but this should be none of his business. It'd be sort of invasive if he told / asked your boyfriend about all this, but he may just be legitimately concerned, and you'd have to respect that and be touched by that, as I'm sure you know, on some level, because the action would be coming from a place of love and concern (not to sound tacky).

It sounds like you don't cut any more, which is great. Let your coach know that, and let him know that you'd appreciate it if he didn't tell anyone or talk about it, etc.

I know it's intensely personal and all, but the fact is that they're scars, literally, and figuratively. Sometimes some scars are more visible than others, and sometimes, despite our intentions, these scars are seen by others. It can't be helped, much of the time, so don't worry about this too much. I hope things go well for you. =)