1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For anyone mtf or post op

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by MyGirlyCloset, Apr 12, 2013.

1. MyGirlyCloset

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I was wondering what the steps of successfully transitioning mtf were (counseling, hormones, surgeries etc) . At the moment I am just figuring out who I am and what will make me happy. I have no idea what the first steps I should take are and would love some direction! Thank you :slight_smile:

2. Just Jess

Hi MGC,

The most successful transitions in my opinion are the ones that a therapist guides you through. If you have that option I would definitely pursue it. Just a sec here I can find a list of ones that deal specifically with gender... here Therapists

If not, you can bring things up with your regular doctor. If your doctor doesn't know what to do, you can ask for a recommendation or a follow up appointment. It might help if you do some research before the visit. Just the more educated you are the better things will go for you. Some doctors can guide you through what's called the "informed consent" path. Others might help you find a therapist.

And if you're like me and neither of those is an option yet, the biggest part to transition if you want to pass eventually is the changes inside. I had some great advice a while ago, to practice my female voice all the time and to stop using my boy voice. I do slip up sometimes but it's amazing how much more confident it makes me. I had some hang ups about looking weird and this helped me get past them. It's amazing how much differently just your voice can get you treated some of the time. Other times, most people really just don't care.

Just any little things you can do to improve your courage and willpower, and practice being more naturally female, and be more comfortable with yourself socially that you can get away with. Until you can get some better help.

Good luck with your transition!

3. MyGirlyCloset

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thank you so much :slight_smile: I will definitely look into those things!