1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I constantly feel like I've forgot to do something...

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by PM92, Apr 12, 2013.

1. PM92

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok so the title pretty much says it all. I know I need to do something... about something.... But I have forgotten what it is... I've tried meditation to aid recall but I can't focus my mind on what it was... Does anybody have any ideas for what I can do to help me recall? :bang: :help:

2. LD579

Keep a notepad around. That can help. Even just jotting down words that remind you of things you think you have to do, or things like that, can help. It can't hurt, anyways. If this is specifically for when you go to bed, and want to remember something in the morning (Happens often for me), try to associate the thought with something (It could be an action or something visual).

For example, if I want to remember to take my vitamin in the morning, I may place my glasses on my bedside table in a weird manner. When I wake up, I'll see that, and associate it with my vitamins. Writing on a notepad, as I've mentioned before, helps me a lot, personally, too.

3. lull23

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If all else fails...have you ever seen the film Memento?

4. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've got ADD, this is my life! :grin:

5. asmith6543

i forget things all the time. What I do is "retrace my steps", so in my mind I'll rewind to what was I thinking about before I forgot what I forgot. Then that will lead me to what I thought next. I will think and think until it leads me to what I had forgotten. I've gotten much better at this technique, and have to use it less frequently now.