1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to tell my doctor I'm depressed?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Stridenttube, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Stridenttube

Stridenttube Guest

I'm going to see my doctor next week for a few things including my depression. I've been super pessimistic and depressed and its really starting to cause problems with my friends and family. How should I bring it up without sounding like and idiot and making things awkward.

2. manoverboard09

Just straight up tell him you feel depressed. Explain how you are when you're depressed.. like you want to stay in bed, cry, etc. He's your doctor, he's not going to think you're an idiot :slight_smile: Depression is pretty common now a days I think.. especially with people around our ages.
    I've been depressed since I was about 14, and it was weird talking about it to my doctor at first, but he is the one person that can really help you with it.

3. Mogget

Yes, just say it straight up, like you would with any other medical problem.