1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I wish I looked more gay

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Theagonist, Apr 13, 2013.

1. Theagonist

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    This probably sounds stupid (and it is) but I really wish I looked more feminine, I don't really know why, and it's defiantly unlike most guys, to wish, that. I asked people and they said I don't really look gay, and I don't have a stereotypical gay voice, my voice isn't really low really, but my ex's was much lower than mine, but sounded still much gayer... hard to explain. And I don't really act that gay... I kind of do and my speech gets inflated and I do some pretty girly hand motions, but it's usually only when I'm with a group of girls, and not all the time..sigh
    and the music I listen to sure isn't what people think gay people listen to
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZ6bbNCsOGg

2. Femmeme

Actually there was a ton of cross over between gay and goth culture back in the day (check out Roz Williams and Christian Death). Guys that were into death rock were often presumed gay till proven straight, so you're just old school. :wink:

I here you though, when I was young it seemed like ALL lesbians had mullets and wore flannel while I was more into lace and knee high boots. Invisibility sucks.

3. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree. I wish I looked more androgynous. Thing is, I like my polo shirts and khakis or cargo pants. They're so functional and comfortable. They just give this masculine vibe off. I think that's part of the reason I am growing my hair out. I want to soften that masculine appearance.

4. MyGirlyCloset

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I wished I looked more feminine too (I'm a mtf haha). I always feel like I'm too tall or too muscular and big boned :/ . Although not the same situation as you I can most definitely see where you're coming from.

5. BloodyRose3000

Idk, the music seems pretty "gay" to me :eek: :wink:.

---------- Post added 13th Apr 2013 at 06:45 PM ----------

Aww you are so adorable you Justin Beiber lookalike! I don't know what you're talking about.

6. LuckyScrubs

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm on the same boat as you wanting to be "easier detected under the gaydar", but I won't change how I sound, how I look like or what I wear because I like the way I am :wink: It's a mix feeling when u first came out to your friends of 4 years and they all like, "we never thought you're gay cus u act so straight (and the rarely talking bout girls being thought as me being a late bloomer)"

EDIT: I thought you want those traits for the purpose of the italicized words, my bad.

#6 LuckyScrubs, Apr 14, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2013
  7. lawRAWR

Yeah, although I don't think the fitted stereotypes matter too much anymore. I don't really look like a 'typical' lesbian, and I'm quite happy because of that- I'm just me.
    I guess it all depends on what YOU really want, not what the stereotype suggests.

8. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's odd, but I've found over the past few weeks how remarkably similar peoples experiences are around coming out. Therefore, it would not surprise me to see similar emerging behaviours as coming out progresses.

I would venture to say that what appears to be stereotypical behaviour is often just natural behaviour when the (usually self-imposed) repression subsides...

9. Theagonist

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    yeah that's pretty much it... I think

10. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

You look gay to me...

11. funnylion

funnylion Guest

Sorry, no advice for looking 'more gay' but I just want to say that you're pretty darn attractive the way you are!