1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No self confidence.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Lewnatic, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Lewnatic

Having no self confidence is the bane of my life and has negative repercussions on almost everything I do. Every night out I go on, every nice guy I meet. **** life. **** low self esteem. How are you even supposed to fix that ****? I must radiate it, when even people I don't know can tell I'm out of my element and finding it difficult to be comfortable. Sick of being like this.

Elaborating more, I met a really nice guy. He goes to my university, I added him on Facebook and we were texting for a few days. He seemed very interested and even made a couple of comments like "it would be nice to go out sometime" etc.
    By chance, we were at the same bar a couple of nights later. My friends urged me to go over, we chatted for about 30 minutes and then I had to go. He text me after saying it was nice to meet face to face, and all was well. But that's my problem, I became far too attached and now when we text he seems to just be doing it out of politeness. I know it's a confidence issue on my part. I'm paranoid about everything, anxious about everything. I hate how once again it's ruined a potential good thing...

2. BrokenGuy

BrokenGuy Guest

I know how you feel, and I want to be of help for you! :slight_smile: I don't know what has happened to you in your life, including everything you have been through. With how you feel about being self confident, it stems from things that you have been through in your life, that have left you hating yourself, or lacking the energy and motivation, to put your best foot forward everyday, and radiate in a positive way.

Have you talked to your friends, or at least someone that you explicitly trust, about these feelings?

3. Lewnatic

I'm not really sure when it started. Maybe when I realized I was gay... I had plenty confidence before that. But that was like, when I was 15. I'm 20 now. I do accept my sexuality and I'm out to everyone, I'd love to find a nice guy to be with, so although I thought self-esteem would come when I accepted my sexuality, it definitely didn't...

I just don't know how to fix it. I feel so broken...
    I've spoke to a couple of friends, but it never seems to help that much. I'm comforted by their assuring words only for a bit and than I'm back off on one again.

#3 Lewnatic, Apr 15, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2013