1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help-I don't know what to do!

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by karateka, Apr 16, 2013.

1. karateka

Hi everyone.

I don't really know where to start.

I've been binding with strips of cloth cut from a sheet for about 7-8 months. It works, and only hurts sometimes. But I'm getting increasing worried about my ribs and skin. It just can't be healthy, and I'm especially worried about my rib cage 'caving in', or malforming.

Last night I worked up the courage to ask my parents if I could buy a commercial binder. It was a flat, outright no. I explained about the health issues I could face, and their answer was, 'if your worried, stop binding'.
    But I can't. I hate the way I look without it. I just can't stop binding, and they don't understand that.:icon_sad:

So now what? I'm not old enough to buy a binder online without my parents permission, and I have no other way on how to get one.

I'm really desperate. I don't suppose anyone has a spare one in size small or medium they'd be willing to send over? :icon_redf:icon_redf

Any advice or suggestions would be so appreciated.

Thanks!

karateka.

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I know that there are some websites where free binders are given to those who have no other way to get them. I bet some of the other members will know those sites... I don't off the top of my head and I am in a meeting, so it's a bit hard to look it up at the moment.

3. sexyalex

I'm confused....do you have a cut or wound that needs serious medical attention? Why are you binding your rib cage? :x

4. BreannaToBrian

It doesn't say much under your user so I'm guessing you're either a binding lesbian or FtM transgender? Considering your situation, I'd take thecat06's suggestion and look around on the internet (there's a website that'll give binders for free?!) Heck, I'm going to have to look around myself! :icon_bigg

5. karateka

Thanks guys, for replying!

I'll do a search for these websites, if any of you find one could you post a link? Thanks!

Alex, by 'rib cage' I mean the sides of chest, below the armpits. The sides of my rib cage.