1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have I done the right thing? (Rumor Mill Control)

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by PM92, Apr 17, 2013.

1. PM92

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok... So My Dilemma. (using numbers)

I have a friend (1) who recently pulled out of a project we were doing. (1)'s like late twenties. We thought nothing of it because well these things happen. Then my friend (2) heard a rumour from her friend (3) in New Zealand that (1) was pregnant and had a miscarriage. So we decided that we should keep it to ourselves unless anything else came up. Now this put increasing pressure on our group with people speculating about different things so the other evening I just asked her best friend (4) how (1) was. (4) told me what had "really" happened and asked me what I had heard so I took her aside and told her honestly. Then the next day (1) rang me to ask me what I knew and I told her honestly the same way I told (4). That was fine and (1) seemed happy with that but unbeknown to me somebody else who she didn't like (5) had been eavesdropping and she was concerned about that. She then spoke to (2) who filled her in on how she found out and that (3) found out from the person who is organising our project only because she didn't hear about it first hand... I feel like I might had opened a can of worms, but have I done the right thing???

Comments... Opinions.... Ideas....

2. LD579

You didn't really do anything wrong. How could you have known that someone was going to eavesdrop on you? (You couldn't have)

There's not much you can do, really. Just be clear that you had no intentions of doing anything, really, and that you were concerned for (1) first and foremost.