1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do u need experience with a girl to know if you're lesbian?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by blue123, Apr 17, 2013.

1. blue123

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi, do you need to of had experience with a girl to know if you're a lesbian or not? Im a lesbian but I still question myself now and again. I have never been with a girl, so im worried that if I was to come out and then realise that I dont like being with a girl, what will I do? its probably best to come out after i have had some experience, but if I dont come out it will be harder to find a girl to get experience...:bang:

2. Nyanko

Some people might think so and tell you, "You haven't dated a girl! How do you know??", but I have absolutely no experience in anything and I know I'm gay. If that's what you feel, then that's what you feel and nobody should tell you otherwise.

3. Mysz

Nope. It might take that for some people, but if you question yourself you can come to an understanding without any experience. ^ + what Nyanko said

4. Goodnyte

I agree with the previous posters. You don't need experience to know whether or not you are lesbian. Some may need it, some may not. The questioning bit may be normal for some people.

5. BudderMC

Well, do you need experience with a guy to know you're straight? :slight_smile:

6. mwaffles

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think it helps, kind of. I've always known I fancied girls haha, but we live in a straight world, so, I grew up believing that I liked boys and that was really hard to take off of me. You know?!

I mean, you don't have to experience, but sometimes it helps. When I first kissed a girl I realized I enjoyed each much more than when I kissed a guy. I remember my friend asked me "did you like it better?" and I was like "yeah..." haha. So, I guess it's different when you lived your life thinking you had to be with a guy. Do I like guys? OF COURSE! They are good friends for me. But I can't see myself dating a boy, or living with a boy or having sex with a boy. It's weird for me. But with girls... that's totally different.

I think you should experience with a girl. But try coming out as "questioning", well, there is no problem about kissing some people, you know?! Haha.

7. blue123

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    That's true, I have never thought of that before :icon_bigg :lol:

---------- Post added 18th Apr 2013 at 02:39 AM ----------

Okay thankyou :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 18th Apr 2013 at 02:44 AM ----------

Okay thankyou for the reply (*hug*)

8. GreyMason

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Everyones diffrent, some people need to test some people dont. Like me for example i tested to see if i was bisexual and i know i am not.My experience was just weird and not enjoyable and i have no idea how my best friend talked me in to it lol. The things i do for my friends lol

9. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No. It's feelings, not experiences, that tell you what you are.

10. Linthras

Linthras Guest

As the definition states, sexuality is an attraction, not an act or actions. You don't have to have had any sexual.experience to know to who or what genders you're attracted to.
    I'm a virgin myself, yet I'm certan of my sexuality, because of past atractions to different people.

11. eatsleepclimb

That's what I always think! :grin: Yeah in my opinion, you don't need to.