1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texting a potential love interest

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Lewnatic, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Lewnatic

I have a question about texting.

I've been texting a really nice guy, we have great conversations and there's been a few moments of "we should go out sometime!" so I'm pretty sure he's interested. One of those moments was just two days ago. Anyway, lately he seems to just stop texting mid-conversation, even when we're having quite a full blown one and not just "yeah how are you, yeah me too x." Just...an abrupt stop:

I know it's bad to over-analyze things, but when I see him then being active on Twitter or Facebook (which to be fair, most people use through their phone these days), it puts seeds of doubt into my head. Like, did I say something? Should I just not text him now until he initiates it?
    I really don't like texting potential love interests, but it's impossible to avoid in this generation.

2. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Is he much of a gamer by any chance?

Occasionally when I get texts while gaming, I'll think to myself that I'll respond after I've finished my current match, then end up forgetting about it and not texting back until I've remembered again. A lot of my friends are this way too, if they stop texting me back mid-conversation then I know they're on their Xbox.

However, if he isn't a gamer then perhaps he just went out or something? Or ran out of battery? I know how annoying it is when you like the guy, but best not to over-analyse it, as it's most likely nothing.

All the best.

3. lull23

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm the world's worst at replying to texts. I have a text from a really good friend I need to reply to, and I've been online (a lot) and my phone is right next to me now - but I still haven't replied yet.

Some of us are just crap at replying. Don't read too much into it.