1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Update then Questions

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Shadowchaser, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Shadowchaser

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Currently I'm 13, I've openly told my mother that I would like to transition into being a male but for now at the very least a crossdresser. My mom was very supportive and is letting me cross dress she just worries what will happen to me in high school....once I'm in high school she says I'm aloud to cut my hair really short but for the time being only ear height....I haven't told my dad about me wanting to transition into male but I feel he has a right to know... My grandparents (who I see extremely often) will not react well and my father will just say it's a phase due to my bad habit of being on my phone 24/7....you know, blame it on anything...so here's the questions I'm having, 1.) I want to find myself a gay guy who will accept me for being an FtM when I make the transition... 2.) I want to know how I should style my hair when it's ear height and 3.) I want to know how to tell my friends at school/how can I crossdress at school when we have uniforms....thanks (!)

2. SparkleDuck

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Dating is tough. And you're only 13, I'm positive you will be able to meet someone who accepts you. Just try and join some local LGBT groups and your chances of meeting someone will definitely increase.
    My hair is currently past my ears, a little shorter than shoulder length. If you have layers I'd suggest using matte wax because it gives a slightly more rugged and masculine look with the right cuts. It's pretty much what I do.
    I honestly don't want to dampen you with my advice.. but I came out when I was 16 in school. It's NOT pleasant because I constantly worried about passing as male, gender pronouns, a new name, my voice.. It's extremely stressful and I've almost broken down in school numerous times because people either give you a hard time/tell you it's a phase. And you're surrounded by them until you graduate. Teenagers are assholes, plain and simple. If you whole-heartedly want to start a transition in early school years I'd suggest going to the school's administrator and attempting to sort out some things there and request a male's uniform ( if they're not already unisex.) and just try to go from there.
    Good luck.