1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I hate my life

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by vhrebels, Apr 18, 2013.

1. vhrebels

vhrebels Guest

Hey. The last few months have absolutely sucked. My dad lost his job as an insurance salesman last December, the 2nd time in the last few years. Everything is broken in my house, and I haven't had working lights or sinks near my room in several months. My father is nowhere near finding a job anytime soon, and thanks to the fuckers up on Capitol Hill, he and just about everyone at his old job got laid off. I swear, the president is taking away people's jobs, and the whole country applauds his humanitarian efforts. It's terrible. Sorry for ranting on about that. Anyways, my mom had to get a job where she makes very little money for the state where she distributes food stamps. So, because I have no money, and I only have around a 2.9 to 3 gpa, I most likely will have to take out student loans to pay for all of college, and will end up seriously in debt to the point where I will be heavily depressed, and I will amount to absolutely nothing in life.

So, I don't know if you can tell or not, but I'm seriously depressed. I've tried to be optimistic, but there is absolutely nothing to look forward to at all. One of my very few real friends got expelled, and my school is full of fake people that are practically rich. My classmates are able to go to fun places like the movies or any place that I could never afford. I would love to get a job, but it would raise the taxes on my parents, which would be devestating to them. I also used to see a psychologist, but after my dad lost his job the 1st time, we had to quit going. I have to skip lunch everyday, because the people that I used to sit with are real assholes, and would look for any way to insult me or make me look unintelligent. I can't fucking stand my life, and it's only going to get worse from here. I really apologize for ranting for so long, but I really needed to get this off my chest.

2. asmith6543

im really sorry to hear that. can you sign up for free school lunches? My dad lost his job for 1.5 years straight, and that helped us out. Most students do take out student loans by the way. make sure you fill out FAFSA when you go to college. You will have to put in your parents' tax information. Your school will see what your EFC (expected family contribution) and will give you grants based on your level of need. needless to say, search for scholarships as well.

Also realize that maybe a community college is not a bad option. You can transfer after 2 years to a 4 year institution. Its much cheaper, and no one really is gonna care after you graduate that you transferred in.

3. NoPlanB

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Sounds kind of like my situation right now. I don't really know what to say other than "keep your head up. Things will get better". I know it sounds, cliche, but it's true. It may feel like the weight of the world is on your shoulders, but you've still got your whole life ahead of you.

4. FemCasanova

Remember that right now you are wearing the situation glasses. When the hardship of our current situation is taking such a toll that it colors how we view things, and how we look towards our future. I understand that this is a rough time for you, but 5 years from now you may very well have put all of it behind you, and see things very differently. It happens all the time! Unless you`re no longer breathing, there`s hope for change and for good things to happen. Your family can make it through this, and so can you. Economical trouble can be a bitch, I`ve been there. 5 years earlier I had just dumped out of my first university, and was broken down as hell. I thought there was no way I would ever amount to anything, if I couldn`t even get an education! Today I have a well paid job that I am actually pretty good at, and although I dumped out of 2 more schools after the first, I didn`t give up. I just kept on going, and I don`t regret it now. Even though I at the time thought a lot like you do now, that there was no way I`d ever manage to get anywhere, I kept trying, thanks to some good friends (and a good therapist, lol), and I was wrong about never getting my life anywhere.

So hang on in there. Community colleges might not sound impressive, but like someone else said, no one cares where you`ve gotten your education, when you have it and you know how to do your job well, that`s what people are going to care about. Your job morals and effectiveness. And that aside, money doesn`t make your life perfect, but even though it sure does make life more comfortable, we can always get through the rough times, if we keep walking, keep trying, keep fighting to get to where we want to be. Sometimes we have to settle for the cheaper pleasures, but the best things in life are free. Self respect, the ability to find joy in simple things, good friends, love. Especially when we struggle, we find out who our true friends are, and that`s worth a lot.

So, try not to get too down over this. Try to take it one day at the time, stay positive and don`t give in to those negative thoughts trying to convince you that it`s all crap, and there`s no way you`ll get to where you want to be. Lies! When we are depressed there`s a part of us that becomes an excellent liar, the negative depressive part.
    Don`t listen to it, and keep your chin up!

Big hug!

5. thinthinline

I second community college. It saves you a lot of money and you can transfer after 2 years and get a degree from a university.

High school is just something most people have to get through. Try your best and that's all you can do. Joining a club may help with the friends situation.

6. MapleCross

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am not American and do not know the situation over there, However may I suggest you look for an apprenticeship of some sort so that you are paid while you are learning on the job.
    This is a system that we have in the UK. Not every one needs a degree so you have to work out what is best for you.