1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does he want to go out? When should I text?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Lewnatic, Apr 20, 2013.

1. Lewnatic

I'm getting more mixed signals from a guy I've been texting. I decided to finally get the ball rolling myself and ask him out, despite saying to myself I was going to wait for him to do it because I have a habit of appearing needy going off other experiences.

Me: I was wondering if you were up for going out next week? :slight_smile: x
    Him: Yeah, I'd like that. Where you wanna go? x
    Me: I was thinking for a drink, or what do you fancy? :slight_smile: x
    Him: Yeah okay, what day you free? x
    Me: How's Tuesday? x
    [NO REPLY]

It just seemed like an odd time not to text back since all the texts were very close together in time of sending. I'm just confused...
    When should I re initiate the conversation, and what would be an ideal thing to say?

2. funnylion

funnylion Guest

It's really easy to over think and get worried about text reply times. I don't know how many times I've been in a 'quick' conversation with someone and then it just ends abruptly like you're explaining. Only to find out later that there's a perfectly good reason for it (they fell asleep…they started doing something else…etc).

How long has it been since you sent the last text? If it's been over a day then I'd just send him another reminder. ('So was Tuesday going to work for you or is another day going to be better?') Until then, don't worry. It's likely he read it, was ready to respond, and then got distracted and forgot all about it.

3. falsereading

falsereading Guest

Texting really is the worse method of communication, it's very easy to think that the other person is ignoring you when they more than likely have not seen the message/phone on silent, intend on replying later (perhaps they are at work), need to check their diary etc - I am guilty of this all the time.

I'd wait at least a day, if no reply then send the same message back..