1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Androgyny

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by TheStranger, Apr 21, 2013.

1. TheStranger

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hi!
    I'm wondering if anyone here has any tips about how to look more androgynous. I'm fairly certain that I'm not trans so I don't want to pass as a male, I would just like to fit in between the spectrum in terms of looks. My face looks quite different when I darken my eyebrows and put my hair in a bandanna, but that's as far as I've got. (If anyone's wondering, there's a current picture of me on my profile, but that's me without trying to be androgynous in any way. I will also post more pictures of my experimentation, if anyone responds to this at all!)
    My other question is that I have plans to get a new haircut; what style should I get to maximise androgyny? I was thinking about getting a crew cut, but I'm not sure that it would look any good on me.
    Thank you!

2. eatsleepclimb

Um, I always like wearing hats (unisex winter hats/baseball caps depending on the season), loose shirts are good too. You're really pretty by the way!

3. Jubalinha

Jubalinha Guest

I think you already have an androgynous face and that haircut on you looks androgynous too. To look more androgynous dont wear much make up . when you wear tight pants use a loose t-shirt and vice versa. also avoid wearing pink because most times it looks too girly. i hope ive helped.

4. TheStranger

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thank you both for the replies.

Eatsleepclimb, that's a good idea thanks, I'll need to get myself some hats but I think it would help. And thank you! :slight_smile:

Junalinha, thank you, you have helped.
    I think my problem is that I don't ever wear any makeup, and I only really wear unisex t-shirts and skinnies/men's jeans. Despite this, I still look inherently feminine. I've been doing some experimenting face-wise today and I think that if I shorten my hair in some way then it'll make a big difference. Next job is to choose a style!

5. Jubalinha

Jubalinha Guest

Im glad ive helped. i think that your idea is good because the hair changes a lot someones appeareance i have a few suggestions. have you ever seen the garbage video androgyny? Shirley Manson's haircutt on that video is great. heres the link Garbage - Androgyny - YouTube Shirley had an androgynous phase from 2001 to 2003 here are some links of her on that period. Cherry Lips - Garbage (((OFFICIAL VIDEO 2001))) - YouTube ... Garbage "Shut Your Mouth" Rove [Live] 2002 - YouTube ..
    Garbage - Breaking Up The Girl live at MTV 5 night stand - YouTube .. garbage (live letterman) - YouTube .
    maybe you can get inspired by her looks

6. TheStranger

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Wow these videos are all great, thank you so much! I love Garbage but I don't think I'd seen any videos before now, and I really love Shirley's hair. Definitely feeling inspired!

7. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

You do have quite an androgynous face. A haircut that doesnt frame your face will help. Nothing 'girly'. Maybe short back and sides with a bit of a chopped fringe??