1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

idk what to do

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by XsabercaliberX, Apr 21, 2013.

1. XsabercaliberX

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    sorry that i havent posted in a while i just got a job so ive been busy working weekends and weekdays i got alot of projects and homework to do. Today im sick so i took off and decided to post something. So me and my boyfriend were just walking anywhere just to get out of the house and i see my ex boyfriend who i went out with for 2 years. In my head im thinking fuck please dont see me. Then i hear him scream my name. Fuck. We said hi and i asked why he was here and he said that hes staying here for two weeks. Now heres my question should i hang out with my ex for one week and my boyfriend another or try to bring both of them together(or do you think they will fight) or dont hang out with either of them. I really need help!

2. Sandsworn

Why do you have to hang out with only one or the other for an entire week? And why would you not hang out with your current boyfriend just because your ex is in town? If this guy is actually your ex, I don't see any reason for you to change your habits at all. While they probably shouldn't hang out together (if I was your current boyfriend I really wouldn't be okay with that), there shouldn't be anything wrong with, say, just spending a few platonic hours with your ex - if you want to. But if you don't want to see him, you shouldn't.

I really don't understand why you feel like you have to divide up your time or, even worse, stop seeing your current boyfriend altogether for two entire weeks just because the ex is in town.

3. XsabercaliberX

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    thanks for the advice idk why i feel like that i guess its cause hes still my best friend and i dont know when i'll see him again but i'll work something out. As for me not wanting him to see me i guess it was my mind telling me the arrival of him being here was to soon or unexpected for me to handle right now but ive calmed down enough to make a decision.

4. Ryann525

I think you need to make the most time for you current boyfriend and possibly go out somewhere with you ex as then you get to spend time with both. However if you don't really want to meet Him then you can just meet him for a quick coffee and then say you will meet up again and then say that you have to do something else the next time he asks. I know that sounds really mean but it's nicer for him to think that you were just really busy than for him to think that you really didn't want to meet him.
    I wish you the best with your dilemma and I hope it all goes well :slight_smile:

5. followtherabbit

Ask your current boyfriend if he's comfortable with you hanging out with your ex and if he wants to hang out with you guys too. Even if he he isn't comfortable or doesn't want to come along, it's important to consider his feelings. Maybe he'll be okay with you catching up with your ex but won't want to be apart of that.After you know his opinion, make up your mind. But remember, if he says he isn't comfortable with you seeing your ex, don't over react. Compromise

6. XsabercaliberX

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    thanks guys i asked my current boyfriend if he would feel comfortable hanging out with my ex. it took him a while to answer considering that last time they got into a fight. So today we hung out all together and nothing bad happened they actually looked past their fight and got along. Lets just hope it stays that way.

7. followtherabbit