1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to identify other lesbian?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by yagami, Apr 22, 2013.

1. yagami

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello all :slight_smile:
    I am single and I want to meet other girl,but I don't want to make mistakes and then be called "freak". How to see if girl is lesbian or bisexual? Maybe there are some hidden gests or the way she moves, talks etc...
    Thanks for advice!
    Melanie:slight_smile:

2. sillyolme

Hmm, I know what you mean... I am only really out to my close friends at the moment, but want to meet another girl (preferably one who isn't straight... That would be nice) My friends talk about having a gaydar and one of them said " I thought x was bi?" Even though they have never said anything about it. It's kinda frustrating cause you have to assume everyone is straight.

3. thinthinline

I'll be the first to say i have very little experience in this, but I've noticed with people who I know are gay or bi, they will look at you in a certain way and you know right away what they mean by it. I think it has to do with eye contact. I've heard people talk about rainbow bracelets or a thumb ring, but I don't know if that's accurate. Do you have an lgbt club in your area or gsa club in your school? That might be a good place to start.

4. Black Swan

I wish I knew the answer to this, but my guess is that there no answer. I can't think of anything I do that makes people think "She is so gay". And they don't. Ever. But here I am. There aren't really any cues to tell you this. Unless of course she looks at girls in a way that you can tell is checking them out.

5. FruitFly

Other than the ladies who wear very obviously LGBTQ themed items or meeting women at groups which are for those who are, or those who support people who are, LGBTQ, I'm not sure there's anyway to identify the sexuality of another until she decides she's going to take a chance on showing her sexuality to you.

But I am dense, so dense I can't spot a lesbian in a bar full of lesbians during a weekend of Lip Service and Sugar Rush marathons.

6. Winfield

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    i was with a colleaque the other day on lunch and this beautiful waitress approached us...

she smiled and had the seduction look in her eyes when addressing my colleaque... i knew she was gay or bi... my colleaque disagreed so when the waitress came with our lunch i asked her for her number and she said sorry she's gay :slight_smile:

there's this seductive look we give eachother when we fancy someone watch out for that look when you see a girl talking to another girl ...

7. notstraight

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Im having the same issue. Im thinking Winfield is onto it, there is this look and a gut feeling I guess that goe with it. But dam if we do or dont cuz it could be misreading and then what? You would think with how far things have come we should be ok to just ask? Yea.....lmao

8. thinthinline

If you wear a small rainbow bracelet or a piece of jewelry with a pink triangle on it, are either of those good "hints" to other girls?

9. yagami

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    In my city there aren't any LGBT support groups or clubs.There is only one site queer.pl where I've meet some girls but I want meet new one, because they live far away. I havent met anyone with rainbow bracceleate.

10. pandas

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Ever since I had sex with a girl for the first time my gaydar has significantly improved. Obviously it's completely psychological and I think it has to do with being more comfortable with my own sexuality. Like...I gave myself a little more permission to feel how I feel and suddenly I can pick it up on other girls way better. Guys too!

11. jeanie

jeanie Guest

Personally, I can tell by the way they look, there's something in their eyes that just shows it. Idk what it is...but I've only been wrong once, and I've been picking people out since before I knew I was gay myself.

12. Melodica

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    1. If they don't talk about cute guys.
    2. If they wear rainbow themed accessories.
    3. If they aren't "like everyone else"